Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sentinel Beast

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
kmorg
SideShowDisaSter
sovdat
Thrasher73
ultmetal
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 9:10 am

Does anyone have this one CD? I have it on vinyl and am curious if it was ever released on CD.

ult
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 9:32 am

I've only seen it on vinyl Ult.Sorry I cant be more help
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 9:38 am

Yes, it was released on CD, there's at least one copy; released by Old Metal Records (a bootleg company?). I was bidding for it a while ago on ebay, but it went for $40 Sad
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 9:43 am

OK, Old Metal Records is, as far as I know, a bootleg company. Still, it would be nice to have. I wonder why Metal Blade never considered re-releasing that one on CD. It's a good album.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 9:58 am

Metal Blade hardly ever re-releases anything. I think they did that one batch of second pressings in, what, '94? They've been sitting on some good stuff for years.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 10:00 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Metal Blade hardly ever re-releases anything. I think they did that one batch of second pressings in, what, '94? They've been sitting on some good stuff for years.

Huh? Didn't they just do the kille re-releases of Flotsam & Jetsam and Sacred Reich? They also did some cool reissues of both Artch discs in 2001, I think.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 10:39 am

Yah, but that's what 2 out of how many bands? They are still sitting on Heretic, Anacrusis, Sentinel Beast...

Thrasher73

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 10:56 am

They need to get in gear and re-release some of these goodies
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 11:05 am

thrasher73 wrote:
They need to get in gear and re-release some of these goodies

Metal Blade (and Roadrunner) are too busy signing more metal-core bands so their classic catalog just sits in the vault and rots. It's such a shame.

Even when Roadrunner licensed out some of the old thrash stuff recently to Metal Mind and/or Displeased, they were only 2000-copy limited editions so if you didn't jump on'em right away, you were S.O.L. -- what a bummer. :(

Somebody oughta start reissuing the old Combat Records catalog in the US too! I know Century Media released a whole boatload of'em in Europe a few years ago, but on the US side Relativity only reissued maybe ten titles altogether!!

Sorry, didn't mean to go off on a rant there. But stuff like this bugs the hell outta me!!

Last edited by on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 11:11 am

I agree with you 100%
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 11:28 am

Yah, Century Media bought the rights to the Combat catalogue. Minus the batch they did in '99, which had some glaring rerelease omissions (DBC - Dead Brain Cells and Blind Illusion - The Sane Asylum for example), they've been sitting on it.

The guitarist from DBC finally rereleased their albums on his own (the copyright must has run out), but Blind Illusion is still hard as F**K to find!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 11:36 am

Well, there's a bunch of Greek bootlegs of European version of Blind Illusion on ebay right now.
I've gotten an US version of it, I think that it's original. The artwork is cheap as hell, by the way, but the European version apparently has lyrics in it.

http://sovdat.moj-album.com/slike/2408064/mvNXwV8fSnqCgz3z.v.jpg

Some of Century Media rereleases were already rereleased in 1998 as well. ... now, back to topic Smile
Back to top Go down

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:16 pm

As far as I know the Displeased records re-releases are not limited to any number... I do know some of the metal mind re-releases were limited to 3000 copies. There's a whole lot of re-releases being done by smaller labels but mostly underground stuff. Some stuff is even being re-released on vinyl.

I support official re-releases but I am not too fond on bootlegs. I always prefer buying stuff from which i know at least part of the proceeds go to the bands.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:32 pm

I have this album on vinyl too and their demo on tape(that i ones, years ago, recorded for KING FOWLEY because he is a big fan of this band).
Back to top Go down

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:43 pm

So has anybody checked out Fischel's Beast ? formed by the original Sentinel Beast guitarist Barry Fischel.

The debut CD features Chris Caffery as guest on a couple of tracks and the material was originally ment to be used on the second Sentinel Beast album back in the days.

www.myspace.com/fischelsbeast
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:01 pm

Sentinal Beast was awesome, one of the best female fronted bands I think. I would like to get that bootleg sometime.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 8:27 pm

I have the Old Metal Records version of this. Found it for $6.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 8:49 pm

Nice. I'll have to keep an eye out for that version.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 8:53 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Nice. I'll have to keep an eye out for that version.

Have you checked with King Fowley to see if he has it? I know at one point several months back he had all the Old Metal releases available. I meant to grab a copy of Cities from him then, but was broke.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3169

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 5:47 am

Just bought it and listened to it on my way to work today.
This is truly a STAND OUT cover song from them !
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 4:31 pm

Lost And Found Records reissued this last year. So, if anyone is looking for it check with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sentinel Beast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel Beast   Sentinel Beast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sentinel Beast
Page 1 of 1