Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Klawfinger?Clawfinger?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Klawfinger?Clawfinger? Empty
PostSubject: Klawfinger?Clawfinger?   Klawfinger?Clawfinger? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 4:31 pm

Has anyone ever heard of these guys? I have a song downloaded from them called "Biggest and Best" and I remember it coming out around 95/96 or so. It's a pretty kick butt tune and should definately be a professional wrestlers entrance them. Peace.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Klawfinger?Clawfinger?   Klawfinger?Clawfinger? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 2:09 pm

Yeah, this is a Swedish band, with some Norwegian members. They were quite big here in Scandinavia when they released their debut album. They had a single, named "Nigger", and the song was played everywhere (lyrics was about colored people using the term "nigger" about themselves). The debut was ok rap/core/metal, but they have never managed to do anything remotely as successful after this. I've not heard any of their latest albums. A friend of mine is a huge fan of them, and he knows some of the members. He tells me that they have become more of a straight metal band these days. They are actually signed to Nuclear Blast these day. Oh, it's Clawfinger.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Klawfinger?Clawfinger?   Klawfinger?Clawfinger? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 4:17 pm

Thanks for the info kmorg; no one I know knew anything at all about them except for the song I would play for them. As for their single you mentioned: Shocked WOW!!!
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Klawfinger?Clawfinger?   Klawfinger?Clawfinger? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Heavy edge alternative as I remember-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Klawfinger?Clawfinger?   Klawfinger?Clawfinger? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 3:37 am

That album, Deaf Dumb & Blind brings back some memories, my flatmate at the time had it and used to play it relentlessly.

The "Nigger" song was misconstrued by so many people, so much so it was pulled from the album and subsequent releases do not have it on there. So if you can track down a copy of it with Nigger present, well it's gonna be worth a few pennies.

Magic of the WWW, the band has a website:

http://www.clawfinger.net/main.php?news
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Klawfinger?Clawfinger?   Klawfinger?Clawfinger? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 3:46 am

kmorg wrote:
Yeah, this is a Swedish band, with some Norwegian members. They were quite big here in Scandinavia when they released their debut album. They had a single, named "Nigger", and the song was played everywhere (lyrics was about colored people using the term "nigger" about themselves). The debut was ok rap/core/metal, but they have never managed to do anything remotely as successful after this. I've not heard any of their latest albums. A friend of mine is a huge fan of them, and he knows some of the members. He tells me that they have become more of a straight metal band these days. They are actually signed to Nuclear Blast these day. Oh, it's Clawfinger.

Not only big in Scandinavia, but also in Hungary, Holland and Spain in those days. Never liked them.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Klawfinger?Clawfinger?   Klawfinger?Clawfinger? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 9:50 am

Thrust wrote:
That album, Deaf Dumb & Blind brings back some memories, my flatmate at the time had it and used to play it relentlessly.

The "Nigger" song was misconstrued by so many people, so much so it was pulled from the album and subsequent releases do not have it on there. So if you can track down a copy of it with Nigger present, well it's gonna be worth a few pennies.

Magic of the WWW, the band has a website:

[url=http://www.clawfinger.net/main.php?news
http://www.clawfinger.net/main.php?news[/quote[/url]]

I've never seen a version without that track...

PostSubject: Re: Klawfinger?Clawfinger?   Klawfinger?Clawfinger? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Klawfinger?Clawfinger?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: