Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!

Go down 
+5
Troublezone
exact33
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Empty
PostSubject: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Read the complete article here

It's being called the "poop burger". Japanese scientists have found a way to create artificial meat from sewage containing human feces.

Somehow this feels like a Vonnegut plotline: population boom equals food shortage. Solution? Synthesize food from human waste matter. Absurd yes, but Japanese scientists have actually discovered a way to create edible steaks from human feces.

Mitsuyuki Ikeda, a researcher from the Okayama Laboratory, has developed steaks based on proteins from human excrement. Tokyo Sewage approached the scientist because of an overabundance of sewage mud. They asked him to explore the possible uses of the sewage and Ikeda found that the mud contained a great deal of protein because of all the bacteria.

The researchers then extracted those proteins, combined them with a reaction enhancer and put it in an exploder which created the artificial steak. The “meat” is 63% proteins, 25% carbohydrates, 3% lipids and 9% minerals. The researchers color the poop meat red with food coloring and enhance the flavor with soy protein. Initial tests have people saying it even tastes like beef.

Inhabitat notes that “the meatpacking industry causes 18 percent of our greenhouse gas emissions, mostly due to the release of methane from animals.” Livestock also consume huge amounts of resources and space in efforts to feed ourselves as well as the controversy over cruelty to animals. Ikeda’s recycled poop burger would reduce waste and emissions, not to mention obliterating Dante’s circle for gluttons.

The scientists hope to price it the same as actual meat, but at the moment the excrement steaks are ten to twenty times the price they should be thanks to the cost of research. Professor Ikeda understands the psychological barriers that need to be surmounted knowing that your food is made from human feces. They hope that once the research is complete, people will be able to overlook that ugly detail in favor of perks like environmental responsibility, cost and the fact that the meat will have fewer calories.

Waste not; want not.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:16 pm

We already have these. They call 'em Tofu Burgers.

How is this either "fun" or a "game"? Guess the fecal remnants?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:36 pm

No thanks - I don't like smurf poo steak!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
We already have these. They call 'em Tofu Burgers.

you got that right!!!

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:02 pm

That's what they'll serve at the Poop Doom Spam Tank concert.

Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Posted by mistake on this forum, but only moderators can "move" it now. Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! 591800
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:41 am

Where should it go? The toilet?

lol!

I'll move it to "Unsound Mind" (I live there anyway).

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:42 am

Shawn D. wrote:
Where should it go? The toilet?

lol!

I'll move it to "Unsound Mind" (I live there anyway).

lol!

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:36 am

The Japanese can keep their "crap" to themselves.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:29 am

I'm guessing that marketing these as "turd burgers" would be detrimental to sales...

While I appreciate the effort to create a renewable food source, I will not be eating any of this crap! Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! 288219

Click through to the full article and watch the video. When the scientist goes to the refrigerator in his lab, the door is marked in English "sh!t burger." I kid you not! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Who would even want to eat something like that ? It doesn't sound appetizing at all.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:58 pm

If all the meat dissapeared and this was the only alternative, I'd for the first time in my life embrace a vegetarian diet. sick
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:31 am

DallasBlack wrote:
If all the meat dissapeared and this was the only alternative, I'd for the first time in my life embrace a vegetarian diet. sick

+1
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:33 am

The guy that came up with this must be a BIG fan of "The Human Centipede".
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:53 pm

I shudder to think of their marketing campaign for this product...

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:10 pm

exact33 wrote:

"TASTES LIKE SH*T...
BECAUSE IT IS!"
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:13 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:

"TASTES LIKE SH*T...
BECAUSE IT IS!"
Very Happy

at least they could use some scenes from Monty Python...

Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:21 pm

Vegetarianism. F*ck yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!   Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poop Burger - now eat smurf poo!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: