Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!

Go down 
+5
TrogDawn
krokus
ultmetal
mc666
Chairman_Smith
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Empty
PostSubject: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 3:51 am

Picked up; School's Out, Welcome To My Nightmare, Goes To Hell and Hey Stoopid today for $7.99 each.... from a bloody truckstop of all places.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 6:07 am

sweet deal. the last thing i got at a truck stop was food poisoning from a bad microwave burrito.

Welcome To My Nightmare is the only one of his albums that i didn't buy on cd. i'm so familiar with my vinyl copy, it'd be a shock to hear it digitally.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 12:23 pm

All great albums IMO. "Welcome to My Nightmare" is one of my all time favorites. Is it the regular version or the new remastered version with bonus tracks?

I have the regular version myself. Don't really want the remastered version as the album is perfect the way it is. I don't want additional demo tracks or whatever, so of like how MC666 feels about his vinyl.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 12:42 pm

Very good price and great albums of course. HEY STOOPID is realy good but also those 70s albums. Nowadays i am listening again to my ALICE COOPER box set THE LIFE AND CRIMES OF ALICE COOPER and i think that 90% of his songs were great.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 2:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:
All great albums IMO. "Welcome to My Nightmare" is one of my all time favorites. Is it the regular version or the new remastered version with bonus tracks?

I have the regular version myself. Don't really want the remastered version as the album is perfect the way it is. I don't want additional demo tracks or whatever, so of like how MC666 feels about his vinyl.

ult

No bonus tracks.

I've listened to all four of them a few times already...
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 2:45 pm

mc666 wrote:
sweet deal. the last thing i got at a truck stop was food poisoning from a bad microwave burrito.

This truckstop had a better selection then anywhere else around where I live... how sad is that?
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 11:39 am

I love ALICE! One of my faves. Very Happy

My recommendations:

Love it to Death
Killer
Billion Dollar Babies
From the Inside
Flush the Fashion
Special Forces
Zipper Catches Skin
The Last Temptation
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 6:36 pm

Also good are Constrictor and Raise Your Fist and Yell. Alice rules.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 7:42 pm

Since we're talking about the Coop, I noticed on another thread that quite a few of you have the Alice Cooper Box Set. Is it really that good? I dig most/all of his 70's output, but I kinda lost intrest in the 80's & 90's (rekindled however with the Last Temptation.) How far does the box set cover?
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:00 pm

it covers all the albums up through and including The Last Temptation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:43 am

where were you ?
AC is must need person for rock-metal maniacs !

don't forget to buy discography, not only 4 or 5. except news from 2000 til 2005.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 1:45 am

iamrockerfun wrote:
where were you ?

don't forget to buy discography, not only 4 or 5. except news from 2000 til 2005.

Well, i have a Greatest Hits on vinyl that held me over... but yeah... much too late.

Like Scott always says "So many CDs, so little money..."
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 10:41 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:
where were you ?

Well, i have a Greatest Hits on vinyl that held me over... but yeah... much too late.

Like Scott always says "So many CDs, so little money..."

better now than never. one thing u must do right know.
listen all albums and get them into your veins ... no choice. simple ... AC is history and must be in your brain with all songs.
Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 4:43 pm

3 Excellent AC albums. I still need to get Hey Stoopid, just never see it at the right price around here.

I have Welcome to my Nightmare on vinyl as well and listened to it so much that I know all the songs by heart so no need to get the cd yet.

The boxset is excellent and usually pretty affordable used. I got a complete one for 10 bucks at the local used place here.

and for the record the 2 disc version of Billion Dollar Babies is definately worthwhile. Lots of great live and outtake stuff.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 7:06 am

I just got Trash today too... same truckstop... I'm not sure what I think of this one...
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 8:24 am

The only Cooper I have is From the Inside on vinyl with the cool nuthouse fold out sleeve. I plan on adding some Cooper to the collection soon.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 7:21 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I just got Trash today too... same truckstop... I'm not sure what I think of this one...
It's infected with the same hair metal disease that most other bands got infected with during that period. Neutral

But, Alice is Alice. What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 2:10 am

Trash and Hey Stoopid are very similar. glam hair metal as TrogDawn wrote.
but til this day very popular.
recommended millenium albums:
Brutal Planet
Dragon Town
The Eyes of AC
and 80s metal album:
RYFaY
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 4:11 pm

Haha, found this commercial on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqI4xfsdv7Y&mode=related&search=
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 4:08 pm

yes saw it maybe 2 years ago. didn't know bout it too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!   Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got my Alice Cooper collection going finally!
Page 1 of 1