Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

George Thorogood

Go down 
+10
Joe
Wargod
jstate
manny
MetalGuy71
SpectreFate
Shiney
tohostudios
Schbopo
Eyesore
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:11 am

Do I need some?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:32 am

You need a greatest hits collection and perhaps the George Thorogood Live album. That's about it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 5:49 am

Sloppo beat me to it. I have a greatest hits and that's plenty. But you definitely need a copy of the song One Bourbon, One Scotch And One Beer. George's take on that one is classic.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 8:14 am

I smurfing HATE George Thorogood.

ick.

So I say no.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 8:43 am

Thorogood is good music to listen to if you're chewin' Beechnut an' fishin'.......or working on a roof.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:54 am

I was a huge fan back in the day. He was one of the first live shows I went to see without "adult supervision". Went with a coupla buddies and his older sister who supplied us with booze. He was very popular in my area back in the 80's.

Unfortunately, massive burn-out has turned me away from ol' Lonesome George. If I ever hear 'Bad to the Bone' again, it'll be too soon.

As far as recommendations go, I'd agree with the others here. Start off with a good comp or anthology album and work your way back from there. Like Motorhead and AC/DC, you pretty much know what you're in for with a Thorogood album. No real surprises with his music. You like the hits, you'll like the deep cuts. It's all pretty much the same (not always a bad thing). He does lotsa covers too. Old blues stuff, mostly.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:55 am

Never liked his music, but if you are going give him a shot go with Snoppy's suggestion.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 6:17 pm

In the right mood I like him. My favorite is Born To Be Bad.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 6:19 pm

This is the collection I have. Check out that used price. Less than $4 ppd.

http://www.amazon.com/Baddest-George-Thorogood-Destroyers/dp/B000002UZM/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1305670718&sr=8-10
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 7:30 pm

I kind of hate "Bad to the Bone," but was checking out some stuff on YouTube and I was wondering if I'd dig full albums.

I'll look into the greatest hits/collections. Seems he's primarily a cover artist, which I never knew.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 10:00 am

Eyesore wrote:
I kind of hate "Bad to the Bone," but was checking out some stuff on YouTube and I was wondering if I'd dig full albums.

I'll look into the greatest hits/collections. Seems he's primarily a cover artist, which I never knew.

Yea, allot of his material is old blues stuff that he amps up. The nice thing about that is it introduced me to allot of blues artists when I was a teen. I didn't have the benefit of older siblings, so I had to research and learn about all these artists on my own. In those dark days before the internet!

George Thorogood 387733

Quote :
This is the collection I have. Check out that used price. Less than $4 ppd.

http://www.amazon.com/Baddest-George-Thorogood-Destroyers/dp/B000002UZM/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1305670718&sr=8-10

That's the only one I had on cd. I owned a coupla of tapes and dubbed stuff from vinyl that I got from a friend too. All this talk is making me nostalgic to hear some Thorogood again. Curse you!! George Thorogood 308838

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 10:05 am

"He said "I don't know man, ah she kinda funny, you know?"

"I said, 'I know. Evabuddy funnah....now you funnah too.'"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 10:08 am

We used to try and keep up with a swig of beer, (or a shot if we were feeling adverturous) everytime he sang "One bourbon, one scotch and one beer". Ugh, I can't imagine doing that now.

I remember my parents not being too thrilled about him either. "All of his songs are about DRINKING!". Ha, I guess George was my first experience with teenage rebellion! Laughing

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Do I need some?

Yup you do early George is best. Not sure what album it is but look for the song "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:47 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Do I need some?

Yup you do early George is best. Not sure what album it is but look for the song "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer.

Wargod52

That's on the comp I mentioned.

My favorite GT song.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 8:49 pm

"I drink alone, Yeaaaaaaahhhh, with nobody else"
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 2:44 pm

I think I mentioned here before about how great it is to shoot pool
to Thorogood, this guy deserves to be in every jukebox in America!

especially if there are pool tables present
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:36 pm

His music is good in moderation. (Like Brian Setzer)
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:44 pm

Greatest Hits, a live album, one of the early albums from the late 1970s, but most rockers I know usually had the "Maverick" LP, biggest hit on it was Gear Jammer I guess. Probably because it was used on a Miami Vice episode Laughing

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2022 11:03 am

I bought this cd from Ebay…from a motorcycle couple.
How do I know that - she couldn’t ship the cd right away.
They went “ Sturgous “ ? 100,000 riders go there each year.
So there’s a few standouts - love that guitar crunch that’s uniquely his.
In fact, he was the last concert I attended….a hard guy for sure.
Fun cd to pop in your car and cruise to.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2022 1:31 pm

I decided I didn't need any George Thorogood. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

George Thorogood Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Thorogood   George Thorogood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

George Thorogood
Page 1 of 1