Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about Hexx

Go down 
+3
Required Fields
krokus
Velvet Creation
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

Question about Hexx Empty
PostSubject: Question about Hexx   Question about Hexx Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:52 pm

Never really realized that these guys had other stuff released prior to Morbid Reality until today. From the very few songs that I heard on youtube, No Escape and Under the Spell seem to be great heavy/thrash outputs. Can you guys tell me whether these were released on CD or are they vinyl only releases? Also, are those solid releases all the way or just a few good songs scattered throughout the albums?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hexx   Question about Hexx Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:51 pm

No Escape & Under the Spell are Vinyl only (unless it's been reissued lately, don't think so though)

Under the Spell was first released on Shrapnel and then on Roadrunner

No Escape is also on Shrapnel

The two of them are on a "2 on 1" CD bootleg from Greece and Under the Spell is also on a Split CD Bootleg with the Nightcrawler release "Soilder in Time"
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hexx   Question about Hexx Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:20 pm

Locky wrote:
No Escape & Under the Spell are Vinyl only (unless it's been reissued lately, don't think so though)

Under the Spell was first released on Shrapnel and then on Roadrunner

No Escape is also on Shrapnel

The two of them are on a "2 on 1" CD bootleg from Greece and Under the Spell is also on a Split CD Bootleg with the Nightcrawler release "Soilder in Time"

Ohh ok, thanks. I've seen those 2 CDs on eBay and for one of them the asking price is $70. The other one is being sold for $19.99 but I still think it's too exepensive for a boot. Do you know where I could get those boots cheaper?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hexx   Question about Hexx Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:37 am

I have those first two power/heavy metal albums by HEXX on vinyls and i think they are better then their thrash metal records.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hexx   Question about Hexx Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 6:39 pm

Hexx recently reissued Under the Spell and No Escape in a box set on CD, along with a DVD. I just got it in the mail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hexx   Question about Hexx Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 11:33 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Hexx recently reissued Under the Spell and No Escape in a box set on CD, along with a DVD. I just got it in the mail.

I bought it from amazon uk. Very good box set.

I had never heard anything from these guys before, so this was a blind purchase.

Very good band. Dvd is interesting too.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hexx   Question about Hexx Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 10:25 pm

great band, like all era's of this band, but my personel favourite album by Hexx is Under the Spell wich is a killer slab of USPM!.

i still need to get that boxset.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hexx   Question about Hexx Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 1:23 am

Only album i heard from them was Morbid Reality which didnt do much for me. Maybe i should check out their other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hexx   Question about Hexx Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 11:10 pm

Morbid Reality sounds nothing like their other two full length albums. No Escape and Under the Spell are more comparable to bands like Metal Church, Helstar, Shok Paris, or very early Savatage than the extreme thrash metal sound they had on Morbid Reality.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hexx   Question about Hexx Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 11:11 pm

Morbid Reality was reissued last month. Just a head's up for those who dig this band but don't own that album. I ordered it several hours ago.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hexx   Question about Hexx Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 11:18 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Morbid Reality sounds nothing like their other two full length albums. No Escape and Under the Spell are more comparable to bands like Metal Church, Helstar, Shok Paris, or very early Savatage than the extreme thrash metal sound they had on Morbid Reality.

Required Fields wrote:
Morbid Reality was reissued last month. Just a head's up for those who dig this band but don't own that album. I ordered it several hours ago.

It's up on Spotify too because of that. Threw me for a loop since I'm only familiar with NE and UtS. Almost like it's a different band. Very dense, extreme, chaotic thrash sound, good but fairly inaccessible.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hexx   Question about Hexx Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 4:32 pm

Also, their two EPs, Watery Graves and Quest for Sanity, get reissued next month. I definitely plan on getting those soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Hexx   Question about Hexx Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Hexx
Page 1 of 1