Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Think you're smart?

Go down 
+3
GrandNational
bassman
troublemagnet
7 posters
AuthorMessage
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Think you're smart? Empty
PostSubject: Think you're smart?   Think you're smart? Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:44 pm

So did I 'till I read this entrance exam from 1869....

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/education/harvardexam.pdf
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Think you're smart?   Think you're smart? Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:10 pm

That's crazy! I'm no dummy but there's no way I'd come out of that test with anything but an F, a big, fat, giant F. I scored above 30 on my ACT test, but no schooling I've ever had would prepare me for that!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Think you're smart?   Think you're smart? Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:10 pm

Our standards have came down down, huh?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Think you're smart?   Think you're smart? Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Yikes. Ummmm... wut?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Think you're smart?   Think you're smart? Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 4:13 pm

I just can't believe 17, 18 year old kids were actually educated enough to be tested on this stuff as if it were common knowledge, and I guess it was for our ancestors. I mean to have this much knowledge of Latin, Algebra,Geometry etc would in my mind at least, would take years of intensive study. All they had was candlelight back then and probably not too much distraction.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Think you're smart?   Think you're smart? Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:29 pm

The math stuff doesn't look far off from what was on my final this semester, but everything else I'm not too sure of haha
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Think you're smart?   Think you're smart? Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:49 pm

nice! Latin is a lost art!

Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Think you're smart?   Think you're smart? Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:19 pm

Heh, I did Latin as a Year 12 subject (the last year of high school here in Australia). Even then it was hardly ever taught, so it was still weird!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Think you're smart?   Think you're smart? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Think you're smart?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: