Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vinyl?

Go down 
+5
chewie
James B.
mc666
Coram Deo
Wargod
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Vinyl? Empty
PostSubject: Vinyl?   Vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm

I know that last few years vinyl sales have started to go up in terms of sales. Do you think vinyl sales will continue to increase? I for one am glad vinyl is making a comeback. The only draw back is that certain albums can be really spendy. I buy new as well as used. There are 3 shops in Fargo, ND that are dealing in used albums this year. Last year there was maybe 1 shop, so yes I see a bigger demand.

I've noticed online like ebay and the sellers who deal in used and new are carrying pic discs, colored vinyl, and different versions that are different to the cds. I for one like this. Alot of bands as well are doing albums in limited editions and colored vinyl.
Back in the 70's colored vinyl was quite rare and if you came across one it was a rarity, like J. Geils Band and the Bloodshot album on red vinyl and I do have an original of that.

Do you think in todays sales of vinyl, colored vinyl, pic disc, seem to be selling like hotcakes. I for one will buy these if the price is right. On RSD a couple weeks back there was a Dio - Killing The Dragon pic disc that was coming out on that day and was limited to 2500, I did buy one. that was the second Dio pic disc album they did the other is sold out.

I was reading today from the Dio website that there were only 60 left for sale. After that they will not be in stock anymore.

Wargod52

Last edited by Wargod48 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

Vinyl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl?   Vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:09 pm

There is a new Record shop in town, don't see too many people in it when I go by, but I don't frequent the area a lot....Just the presence of the shop makes me think that it is and will......
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Vinyl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl?   Vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:23 pm

i've always bought lots of vinyl, mostly 7" stuff.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

Vinyl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl?   Vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:45 pm

I am a vinyl junkie...Since moving out of California, it's much harder to get my fix!

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Vinyl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl?   Vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:23 pm

I've gotten waaaay back into vinyl. I've bought a bunch of new vinyl(Vektor, The Sword, Electric Wizard, Blood Ceremony, Witchcraft, Ghost[swe] and the Black Crowes) and gone crazy on MUCH cheaper used vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

Vinyl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl?   Vinyl? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:48 pm

I don't own a vinyl player. I may get one some day, but who knows if/when that will happen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

Vinyl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl?   Vinyl? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:59 am

I don't think vinyl will be as huge as it once was. The media lets everybody know that vinyl is back, and that it's cool etc etc. Sure they sell, but the albums are pressed at maybe 2000 units. So that is still a really small number.

Nevertheless I'm glad that vinyl is (temporarily) back. However the (big) recordindustry show once again that they don't have a clue how things work by re-releasing U2 & Dire Straits etc. once again. They should reprint those classic albums that have only been released on cd in 90's.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Vinyl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl?   Vinyl? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 8:16 am

Love vinyl, but I honestly think it's just a trend right now.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Vinyl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl?   Vinyl? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 9:33 am

I always bought vinyl, also during the 90s when not many people carred about them. I was luck because like that i bought many lps/picture discs/7"singles for very cheap prices, from all around the world. Being part of the underground it was not hard to find vinyl dealers, internet was not necesary. But if you didnt follow the underground, it was very hard to find lps in stores.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vinyl? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl?   Vinyl? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinyl?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: