Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses

Go down 
+14
nevermore
Schbopo
Vexer6
SpectreFate
exact33
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
James B.
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
kmorg
manny
ultmetal
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses    Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:54 am

Anyone who protests at a funeral deserves to get they're asses handed to them.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses    Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:32 am

I think what Fred Phelps needs the most is a swift kick to the nuts.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses    Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:58 am

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
I think what Fred Phelps needs the most is a swift kick to the nuts.

Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 499945

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses    Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:02 am

Troublezone wrote:

They have a constitutional right to show up... and get their ass kicked.

The real bad aspect to your scenario is that they still get publicity, which is what they are really after in the first place.

How is assualting them due to one's belief system any different than the belief system they protest behind ?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses    Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:04 am

Quote :
How is assualting them due to one's belief system any different than the belief system they protest behind ?

Sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses    Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:09 am

LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:
Quote :

Ever think that they might want people to assualt them ? Cash from a lawsuit regarding civil and religious liberties can bring in some serious cash.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses    Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:14 am

James B. wrote:
LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:
Quote :

Ever think that they might want people to assualt them ? Cash from a lawsuit regarding civil and religious liberties can bring in some serious cash.

I think ignorning them would be the best option, when they protest Dio's funeral, both the fans, mourners and media ignored them, and at Comic Con, the fans that attended that invite made a mockery of their 'protest' and they again left with their tails between their legs.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses    Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:21 am

manny wrote:

I think ignorning them would be the best option, when they protest Dio's funeral, both the fans, mourners and media ignored them, and at Comic Con, the fans that attended that invite made a mockery of their 'protest' and they again left with their tails between their legs.

My thoughts exactly, just ignore them !

I classify them as attention whores. Take the "story" away and that is where they will go.......away

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses    Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:51 pm

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

The real bad aspect to your scenario is that they still get publicity, which is what they are really after in the first place.

i agree. They want attention and if they didnt get it, they wouldnt be there.

The problem I have with beating the daylights out of them is that it is easy to apply to the next thing someone doesnt like and so on. while Phelps and co may deserve to get kicked around, it is a slippery slope the next time something else comes around a lot of people dont agree with. In the end, all you have is mobs of people going around beating those they dont like.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses    Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:34 pm

I saw Fred do an interview recently where he said that almost all of his congregation members have left due to his activities. This gives me hope in humanity.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses    Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:36 pm

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Sometimes you gotta draw the line. There can be emotional scars involved.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses    Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:40 pm

James B. wrote:
LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:
Quote :

Who knows? Maybe a vigilante will pay them a visit... you can only torment people so long before they snap.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses    Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:16 pm

GrandNational wrote:
I saw Fred do an interview recently where he said that almost all of his congregation members have left due to his activities. This gives me hope in humanity.

it does. It is good to see people escape his cult.

bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses    Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:22 pm

I think most of the people he has left are members of his extended family. Leaving that cult would just about have to be the greatest day ever for those people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses    Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Westboro Baptist Church Goes To Mississippi – And Loses
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: