Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years

Go down 
+12
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal Misfit
Ricky
Joe
jstate
sheets
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Addy
tohostudios
Leatherface
DallasBlack
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years   For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Yeah, Undertaker is one of the few wrestlers that they don't exaggerate his hieght. He is ligitimatly 6'10". Shawn Michaels was called 6' but he's only about 5'10", Hogan was billed as 6'8" but he's about 6'5", Kevin Nash is 6'9" not 7', etc. While even Big Show isn't quite as tall as they make him out to be (they say 7'2" but hes about 6'11"-7') nor is Great Khali (billed as 7'4" but hes about 7'1"). Rey Misterio is probably the only other one who's height is exactly as he's billed.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years   For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:18 pm

For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years - Page 2 Scott-Hall-tna-superstar-8

2 guys who I grew up watching. Ironic, considering the path that both these guys chose to go down.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years   For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:49 pm

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years - Page 2 Scott-Hall-tna-superstar-8

2 guys who I grew up watching. Ironic, considering the path that both these guys chose to go down.

Jake the Snake and Scott Hall. What a pair to draw to. When was that pic taken?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years   For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:21 pm

I was a fan of Jake "the Snake" Roberts as a kid. He didn't look particularly strong, but he was tough.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years   For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 11:11 pm

"The Snake" was a great worker in the ring.

Back in the 80's, the WWF would have a house show in Oakland once a month. My grandpa used to get 2nd row tickets for every show. It was cool as a young kid to see these wrestlers up close. My grandpa used to grease the palms of the parking security too, so we used to park where the wrestlers would. I never tried to interact with the wrestlers, so maybe that was a good thing. Those were good times. Some of the best wrestling matches I seen were at these house shows which never saw the light of day. I remember when Roberts and Rickey Steamboat had their fued. The matches they put on were top notch. Wrestling has certainly gone down hill.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years   For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 11:58 pm

I remember this kid back in 6th grade that would try to imitate wrestlers at recess.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skullkrusher
Metal student
Metal student
skullkrusher

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years   For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:04 am

I found this picture the other day:

For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years - Page 2 The-undertaker-with-scott-hall

Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years   For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 4:31 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2404465-el-hijo-del-perro-aguayo-dies-from-injuries-suffered-vs-rey-mysterio

El Hijo Del Perro Aguayo Dies from Injuries Suffered vs. Rey Mysterio
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years   For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 12:23 pm

MoonChild wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2404465-el-hijo-del-perro-aguayo-dies-from-injuries-suffered-vs-rey-mysterio

El Hijo Del Perro Aguayo Dies from Injuries Suffered vs. Rey Mysterio

We are already discussing that in this thread: http://www.heartofmetal.net/t17573p825-wwf-wwe-ecw-wcw
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years   For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 1:57 pm

Yeah, but my wrestling thread was first! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years   For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For Anybody Who Was A Wrestling Fan In the Past 15 Years
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2