Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fatal Embrace covers Exodus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Fatal Embrace covers Exodus Empty
PostSubject: Fatal Embrace covers Exodus   Fatal Embrace covers Exodus Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 3:16 pm

I recently got Fatal Embrace - the Ultimate Agression. I just go to put
it on and notice that the last song is called Bonded By Blood. So I
play it first, assuming it is an Exodus cover. Well it is, but it's one
of the worst covers I have ever heard! They slow it down. They change
the main riff! The vocals suck! They add nothing but SUCK to this song.
The original rules! These guys have sinned. Now I don't want to listen
to the CD.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Embrace covers Exodus   Fatal Embrace covers Exodus Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 3:32 pm

LOL!

I traded that CD not long ago. I didn't really care for it. I did, however, throw that Exodus song on my Ipod.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Embrace covers Exodus   Fatal Embrace covers Exodus Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 3:36 pm

I have 3 cd´s by them but dont remember that cover song. I will check it out because i have it in my collection.
They are not my fave thrash band because many of their songs dont have the 80s feeling but some do have it and then i like them a lot more. Their last album DARK POUNDING STEEL is probably my fave album by them.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Embrace covers Exodus   Fatal Embrace covers Exodus Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 3:58 pm

I recently got the Gary Holt instructional DVD and he shows the correct way to play the BBB riff. I bet 95% of the guitarists would get it wrong. I had it wrong, for one.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Embrace covers Exodus   Fatal Embrace covers Exodus Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 4:04 pm

Yeah, but couldn't you hear if it was wrong? I mean, these guys have the whole thing wrong, and it's obvious. At least to me.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Embrace covers Exodus   Fatal Embrace covers Exodus Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 4:24 pm

Sure. There is a difference between minute variations and just being flat-out wrong.

I just watched that DVD last night and it seemed appropriate to this discussion. I wasn't trying to disagree with what you stated.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Embrace covers Exodus   Fatal Embrace covers Exodus Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 6:42 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Sure. There is a difference between minute variations and just being flat-out wrong.

I just watched that DVD last night and it seemed appropriate to this discussion. I wasn't trying to disagree with what you stated.

No, it totally is appropriate, and even if you disagreed, that's cool too. . And I can see being off in some "minute variation", but this just sounds so off it sounds on purpose, but it makes for a much more subdued and boring version. So if it was on purpose, then they just suck, but if it's on accident, then they really suck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Embrace covers Exodus   Fatal Embrace covers Exodus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fatal Embrace covers Exodus
Page 1 of 1