Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away

Go down 
+11
chewie
Shiney
nevermore
Required Fields
speed101
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Olafsto
thejokeriv
manny
Fat Freddy
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Empty
PostSubject: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:30 am

From Dave Meniketti via the Y&T messageboard:

http://www.meniketti...ead.php?t=33058

It is with profound sadness and disbelief that I tell you that my best buddy for 37 years passed away this morning, January 7, 2011 at 1am at Stanford Hospital. Bravely and steadfastly battling the horrible spectacle of lung cancer, at the end he was surrounded by his family members, and the Y&T family up until his final breath.

All the beautiful things that I could say about my buddy Phil could never be summed up in a short sentence or two, and I promise that I will be back to say so much more about how I feel about him and his talents in due time. But for now, at 3am, after just having returned home from his passing, let me at least put this out there.

Phil Kennemore was not only a sweet and passionate man with his life, friends and family, but as an artist, he also had that rare ability to say what was on his mind with the most eloquent, clever, and to-the-point lyrics, yet could turn it on it's head in a second with some other viewpoint on reality and nail the point dead center. He was able to do what very few can - say the things that others have been thinking, but could never quite seem to put into words. He has always had a keen knack for doing that.

As a musician, with those huge fingers, his bass playing was always loud, strong, and deep, filling the largest or smallest of stages equally.

He had an amazingly strong life force that has influenced everyone who ever had the opportunity to be called a friend of his. I am forever grateful for our lifelong friendship, that was always in place throughout the worst and best of times. I will miss his sense of humor, his amazing wit, but most of all I will always miss not seeing him to my left on the stages I will play from this moment forward.

Yes, he was one of the class guys on this planet, and in this business, and I will always do what I can to spread the legacy of Phil Kennemore across the globe on every stage that I land on.

You know how much I love you Phil, and you knew how much your fans and fellow musicians loved and respected you. There was nothing left unsaid. You had a rich and wonderful life and I can only tell you that I was happy to have been alongside you every step of the glorious way.

Cheers to you, Phil.

Your friend forever,
-Dave

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:32 am

That sucks, R.I.P.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:33 am

Damn that sucks. I knew he was sick, but not THAT sick. I'm glad they recorded one last album together.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:36 am

RIP - that sucks
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:46 am

Sad news. RIP
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:03 am

Sad to hear. CANCER SUCKS!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:08 am

Shame. Dave called into Eddie Trunk's radio show the other night to talk about a fund raising show the band just played like 2 weeks ago to raise funds to help Phil out.

Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:38 am

Sad to hear.RIP
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:15 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:18 am

Read about this over at bravewords. Sad news. RIP Phil.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Sad

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:25 pm

That REALLY SUCKS!! I did hear that he was ill, but... wow! He told some damn funny stories the last time I saw them live.

R.I.P.

Sad news indeed...........
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Dam chitty news. I need good prayers for me with my up coming surgery.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:03 pm

Very sad news indeed. RIP

And Wargod,my prayers are with you. Good luck,friend
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:07 pm

Terrible news, way too young.

Prayers for you Wargod.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Wargod, indeed will keep you in my prayers!

Very sad news indeed, lets not start 2011 off like 2010 was. Playing Facemelter now. Wish I had more then only 2 albums of theirs. I only have Black Tiger as the other, I just cant find all the stuff they made.

RIP Phil!
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:53 pm

That Stinks indeed Klank was telling me about this. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away   Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Y&T's Phil Kennemore passes away
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: