Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...

Go down 
+4
manny
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Empty
PostSubject: Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...   Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:33 am

I know we posted some in the old 70's Heavy Metal thread. Post some of your old magazines here...

A few from the 1970's:
Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Nug_rollingstone79

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Grooves

A few from the 80's:
Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Aero82_kerrang

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Ted_kerrang82

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Ted_circus82

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Hitparader_stryper

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Stryper

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Whitethrone_vengeance

And the 90's:
Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Maniacs

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Hm_Del

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Hm_mort

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Metaledge

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Terrorizer_thrash

Last edited by ultmetal on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...   Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:40 am

I've got a crapload of old mags/'zines at home but most are from the mid 90s to the present. I made the poor decision to recycle my collection of '80s mags when I moved out of my parents' house in '97 (cuz I would've had nowhere to put them in the apartment I was moving to), which I regret now.

If I get a chance, I'll lay some of'em out on the rug and take pix when I get home tonight.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...   Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:54 am

I wish I had all the old Metal Edge, Circus, Metal Maniacs, Metal, Hit Parader & HM mags I used to have...tons of them.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...   Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:19 am

I had boxes of Hit Parader, Circus, Creem Metal, Faces, Metal Edge, and almost the entire run of RIP magazine and I got rid of all them after holding on to them for years, because I got tired of carrying them around, I now of course regret this.

I think I kept a Guitar for Practing Musician and Hit Parader magazine from that era.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...   Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:55 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I wish I had all the old Metal Edge, Circus, Metal Maniacs, Metal, Hit Parader & HM mags I used to have...tons of them.

You and me both.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...   Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

You and me both.

Me three. Not to mention Metal Hammer, Metal Forces, Creem, Thrash N Burn, Screamer, and a bunch of others...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...   Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

You and me both.

Me three. Not to mention Metal Hammer, Metal Forces, Creem, Thrash N Burn, Screamer, and a bunch of others...

Me four, it would be fun to go thru once in awhile and read old interviews and album reviews
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...   Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Here's a few crappy photos of some of my magazine heap:

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... 165125_1677196963758_1052500800_1931853_4582876_n

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... 166285_1677198763803_1052500800_1931862_2353892_n

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... 166285_1677198803804_1052500800_1931863_2751674_n

I have literally hundreds more, I just grabbed these at random. I'll post some more when I have time.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...   Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:20 pm

Nice haul FF!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...   Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:41 pm

I have this one for sale at $10. or comperable CD trade. Everything is intact.....

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... 00110
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...   Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:34 am

I have 2 boxes full of circus,metal forces,and hit parader, + others.Still trying to find any remaining metal forces from 1984-88 i dont have but its hard.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...   Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... 163259_119688281429923_100001662552257_129595_3488191_n

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...   Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:43 am

I'm fascinated to see the 1970s ones - first mag I bought was Kerrang - I bought it religiously from issue 1 to around 44.

First time I've actually seen a magazine referencing metal in the 1970s - more of those, please, as I'm helping to compile an archive; http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/

Queen heavy metal? Who'd have thought it (except for Stone Cold Crazy, Sheer Heart Attack, Black Queen, etc.,) - magazines like this give the proposition some creedence, espeically over those kids who keep saying that the term "Heavy Metal" wasn't used until the 1980s!
Back to top Go down
czechbanger
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...   Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 6:21 am

a new website for old zines if you are interested. some pretty rare pieces availableClassic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Ps11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...   Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic Heavy Metal / Hard Rock Magazines...
Page 1 of 1