Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brainstorm recommendations

Go down 
+4
exact33
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

Brainstorm recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 1:57 pm

These guys are still missing from my library.

Which albums would you recommend to a speed metal freak like me?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:26 pm

Liquid Monster seems to be a favorite around these parts.

I had 4 or 5 albums in my collection but I pulled them out of rotation. Good band, but over the years, I've tired of the power metal genre and gotten rid of allot of my stuff.

Got anything to trade Gilbert?

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I had 4 or 5 albums in my collection but I pulled them out of rotation. Good band, but over the years, I've tired of the power metal genre and gotten rid of allot of my stuff.

Trading is quite risky for mem as the authorities would seize any metal album Sad
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Trading is quite risky for me as the authorities would seize any metal album Sad
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Definitely Liquid Monster.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:54 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Definitely Liquid Monster.

listen to Toho - the man with the Reynolds Wrap head knows what he is talking about!

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:23 pm

noooooooo not liquid monster. either metus mortis or soul temptation.

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:46 pm

Downburst is my favorite but Liquid Monster and Metus are faster.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:51 pm

I only have three myself. Personally I'd rank Liquid Monster behind both Metus Mortis and Soul Temptation. I think my favourite Brainstorm track is Shiva's Tears off of Soul Temptation. So yeah, get Soul Temptation.

But they are all pretty good. If you can, get that version of Soul Temptation that comes with the DVD. That live show is pretty good. The Liquid Monster bonus DVD is probably the worst thing I've ever seen. AVOID.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:07 pm

In other words, just pick up any Brainstorm.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:56 pm

All of them. Though I'd avoid Hungry or Unholy as intro discs. Not bad albums, but the Franck era of the band is better.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:42 pm

I still say Liquid Monster is the one to get as an intro to Brainstorm. I think it's more melodic and memorable than their other releases.

It depends what kind of metal you're into; if you want darker, thrashier stuff then go with something other than Liquid Monster.

But as someone who is very picky with thrash, I find Liquid Monster to be a perfect balance between thrash, US-style power metal and traditional metal.

Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 8:35 pm

I think the live version of "Brainstorm" off of Space Ritual is probably one of the best versions out there.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:47 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
I think the live version of "Brainstorm" off of Space Ritual is probably one of the best versions out there.
Wrong band, sir.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:19 am

Now i'm even more lost Laughing
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:55 am

Gilbert wrote:

Now i'm even more lost Laughing

our job here is done Razz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm recommendations   Brainstorm recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brainstorm recommendations
Page 1 of 1