Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...

Go down 
+12
Required Fields
Telmorn Altayon
powermacho
Fat Freddy
shamgar75
MoonChild
mez
adrian
Gilbert
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
GrandNational
Metal Misfit
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Empty
PostSubject: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:26 am

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=149951

Quote :
Wendy Dio, the wife/manager of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio, has told VH1 Radio that she encourages the surviving members of HEAVEN & HELL — Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice — to work together again under a different moniker.

"I don't know what they're doing right now," she said. "I know that Geezer's been asked several times, and he's just ... he took it very hard. I don't really know what they're doing right now. They should do something else, with Vinny, too. I mean, the band was amazing, an amazing band and they should carry on to do something. It won't be called HEAVEN & HELL but whatever they call it, it will be great, it will be amazing."

headbanger Wendy's awesome. I figured Tony & Geezer are gonna stick together no matter what but I think it's cool she said Vinny should be involved too. That tribute concert really got me interested. I'd really love to see Glenn Hughes or Jorn as the singer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:17 pm

Classy. I could see this working with Hughes.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 3:02 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Classy. I could see this working with Hughes.

Me too. I so want Hughes to join them and create something new and awesome. Hughes is close with Iommi and they respect each other so much, I could see it happening. I love all 3 albums Hughes has worked on with Iommi. I hope Wendy's wishes come true.
Back to top Go down
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Hughes would be awesome.

I'd personally also love to see them hook up with....say...Messiah Marcolin.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 12:30 am

I'd rather seen them continue with Tony Martin headbanger
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:54 am

Gilbert wrote:

Yeah!
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 6:57 am

Angelcake Adonisus Fox wrote:
Hughes would be awesome.

I'd personally also love to see them hook up with....say...Messiah Marcolin.

Indeed that would be a great combo, but Marcolin is way to much a Prima donna for them to put up with. They need a level headed person. I think Jorn is the best fit, since it would be new and fresh. Hughes would be great but we have been there already.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Gilbert wrote:

True that!
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 10:04 pm

I'd be interested to see if they do indeed get together and continue.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:27 pm

I got this message on Facebook today from the Ripper Owens fan page. Could be total B.S., but you never know.

"Word is Wendy Dio is talking to Iommi and Butler about working with the Ripper on new material....SPREAD THE WORD! RIPPER PLUS SABBATH! WHAT AN AMAZING BAND THAT WOULD BE! so get the word out, let ppl know this is what WE THE FANS WANT!...i think a facebook group is on the way and i will spread word of that when it is up and running!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I got this message on Facebook today from the Ripper Owens fan page. Could be total B.S., but you never know.

"Word is Wendy Dio is talking to Iommi and Butler about working with the Ripper on new material....SPREAD THE WORD! RIPPER PLUS SABBATH! WHAT AN AMAZING BAND THAT WOULD BE! so get the word out, let ppl know this is what WE THE FANS WANT!...i think a facebook group is on the way and i will spread word of that when it is up and running!"
Ripper? No thanks, JAJA. Jorn would be a perfect fit
Back to top Go down
Telmorn Altayon
Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:46 pm

I just wish Dio was still alive... :^(

But, she is right. These are our old school fathers of metal and should carry on. Even if the music comes out crappy we as listeners/fans and musicians will all be awaiting what will/could come from them. Because when they are gone, they will be silenced from new music and expression. No one should be silenced of expression... and the boys of Black Sabbath should march on... :^)
Back to top Go down
http://www.MakeARightLeftHere.com -- www.BBRProductions.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28456

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:01 pm

Gilbert wrote:

That would be cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:23 pm

Russell Allen would be AMAZING in that line-up!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 2:39 pm

Maybe they could do a tour with Ian Gillan and call it "Born Again"? Very Happy

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 2:50 pm

Forget Hughes, Gillan or even Tony Martin. Inject some young blood into that group.

I'm not too familiar with Jorn, but he seems to have the pipes for it. I personally wouldn't object to Tim Owens either. Is Russell Allen under 50? Give him the gig and quit living in the past, ya old farts!

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 3:12 pm

Russell Allen is my age, I believe...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 3:25 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Russell Allen is my age, I believe...

Under 40? Perfect.

How's about you, Mr. Of Fire. You got the cojones to stand at the mic in front of Iommi?

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 3:34 pm

Tony Martin, i insist. He made magic with Black Sabbath. Just listen to Headless Cross and Eternal Idol.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:59 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Maybe they could do a tour with Ian Gillan and call it "Born Again"? Very Happy

That'd be the best Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...   Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wendy wants Iommi/Geezer/Vinny to continue on...
Page 1 of 1