Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hidden deep tracks you love.

Go down 
+4
manny
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
jstate
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Hidden deep tracks you love.  Empty
PostSubject: Hidden deep tracks you love.    Hidden deep tracks you love.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:14 pm

I love Helloween's, Nothing to Say on Rabbit Don't Come Easy. It's buried as the last song but it kicks. What are others?
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Hidden deep tracks you love.    Hidden deep tracks you love.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:02 pm

For a last song I love Overkill's Old School from ReliXIV.

Though it's a bonus track, Black Masses off of Mercyful Fate's re-release of Melissa is probably my favorite on the whole thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hidden deep tracks you love.    Hidden deep tracks you love.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:57 pm

Yeah, Old school is a kick butt song as is that album.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Hidden deep tracks you love.    Hidden deep tracks you love.  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:56 am

Love old school
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Hidden deep tracks you love.    Hidden deep tracks you love.  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:22 pm

By "hidden deep" tracks I assume you mean stuff that wasn't released as a single, or may not be a particular fan favorite?

In that case, the first "deep cut" that came to mind for me is "Burial At Sea" off of Metal Church's THE DARK -- I love that song and it's rarely ever mentioned in MC discussions (unless I bring it up).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hidden deep tracks you love.    Hidden deep tracks you love.  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:57 pm

You got it and I love that track.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hidden deep tracks you love.    Hidden deep tracks you love.  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:10 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
You got it and I love that track.

David Wayne's opening SCREEEEEAAAAAAAAAM on that song is just freakin' EPIC! headbanger

Some others:

Warrior Soul's "The Golden Shore"

Warrant's "Inside Out" (from the DOG EAT DOG album)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Hidden deep tracks you love.    Hidden deep tracks you love.  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Metal Church's cover of 'Highway Star' I always thought was killer.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hidden deep tracks you love.    Hidden deep tracks you love.  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:27 pm

manny wrote:
Metal Church's cover of 'Highway Star' I always thought was killer.

LOVE that cover. I read an interview with Kurdt Vanderhoof years ago where he sez that was a last minute addition to the record, they just roared through it live in the studio at like 3 AM when they were all drunk as skunks. Learning that just made it even more awesome. headbanger

As long as we're talking underrated Metal Church tracks, I've always liked "Anthem To The Estranged" on BLESSING IN DISGUISE as well. I love how that one goes from soft and plaintive to all out heavy and back again throughout the track.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Hidden deep tracks you love.    Hidden deep tracks you love.  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:56 pm

I heard one on that John Hiatt today. Track 9 is "The Wreck Of The Barbie Ferrari". Funny yet poignant and dark lyrics and a sitar!

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Hidden deep tracks you love.    Hidden deep tracks you love.  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:45 pm

The Revenge Of Vera Gemini- Blue Oyster Cult
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

PostSubject: Re: Hidden deep tracks you love.    Hidden deep tracks you love.  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:36 am

Def Leppard-Lady Strange.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Hidden deep tracks you love.    Hidden deep tracks you love.  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:31 am

The Struggle Within - Metallica
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hidden deep tracks you love.    Hidden deep tracks you love.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hidden deep tracks you love.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: