Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UFO vs. SCORPIONS

Go down 
+14
Gilbert
bassman
chewie
metalken
Wargod
mc666
Troublezone
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
James B.
thejokeriv
manny
tohostudios
ultmetal
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Choose!
UFO
UFO vs. SCORPIONS - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%UFO vs. SCORPIONS - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 10 ]
Scorpions
UFO vs. SCORPIONS - Page 2 Vote_lcap60%UFO vs. SCORPIONS - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 60% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

UFO vs. SCORPIONS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:18 pm

I like both, and Schenk is probably my guitar preference even though I love Jon Roth as well, but I have to go with the Scoprions here. Their 70's and early 80's material pretty much mirrors perfection, from Fly To The Rainbow to Love At First Sting, I can't get enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:29 am

That reminds me, i'm gonna play speedy's coming.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:32 am

ultmetal wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Scorpions.

They're one of the bands that introduced me to the world of heavy metal.

Their early material rocks. Songs like Rock you like a Hurricane are pure metal anthems.

Besides, i was lucky to catch them alive in 1997, and they put out a hell of a show.

They concluded with the song When the smoke is going down, dedicating it to my country, and hoping that Israeli and syrian military occupation at the time would end.

Respect.

Wow! First time I've heard someone refer to Rock You Like a Hurricane as their old material, though I guess it is pretty old at this point. When I think of the Scorpions old material it songs like "In Trance", "Hell Cat", "Virgin Killer", "Speedys Coming", "The Sails of Charon", etc. The old Uli Roth stuff.

You're right. It's just that Rock you like a hurricane was one of the first songs i heard in the eighties, this is why i consider it to be old material Smile
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:36 am

DeathCult wrote:
I like both, and Schenk is probably my guitar preference even though I love Jon Roth as well, but I have to go with the Scoprions here. Their 70's and early 80's material pretty much mirrors perfection, from Fly To The Rainbow to Love At First Sting, I can't get enough.

You can play both sides of the fence with that one since Michael played on Lonesome Crow and Lovedrive for the Scorps and was in UFO, as well.

BTW, Did he play any part of of the Lovedrive tour??? That would have been supercool!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:47 am

Love both bands, but love Scorpions more.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:48 am

chewie wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

You can play both sides of the fence with that one since Michael played on Lonesome Crow and Lovedrive for the Scorps and was in UFO, as well.

BTW, Did he play any part of of the Lovedrive tour??? That would have been supercool!!!!!!

No, he didn't. Jabs also played on Lovedrive and did the tour. Mike got sent to rehab to dry out after the album was recorded
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFO vs. SCORPIONS   UFO vs. SCORPIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFO vs. SCORPIONS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2