Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD?

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
nevermore
ultmetal
kmorg
9 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD?   Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:26 am

Looks pretty cool:

http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/album-groupe-Kiss-nom_album-Spin_the_Bottle_*_An_All*Star_Tribute_to_Kiss-l-en.html

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD?   Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 2:52 pm

I have a handful of songs from that tribute. I've heard the Dee Snider version of Detroit Rock City many times as I have it on my Ipod for when I work out. I dig it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD?   Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:06 pm

I haven't heard this particular cd. But if you haven't yet you should check out the tribute act Klown. They play alot of the 70's KISS songs and have them down pat.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD?   Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:15 pm

I don't have this one, but I do remember when it was released it got some pretty bland reviews. I think the problem was that the artists didn't stray very far from the original material. It's pretty cookie-cutter stuff. Some good artists on there though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD?   Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Can't be any worse than the uber-bland Kiss My Ass
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD?   Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 6:41 pm

007 wrote:
Can't be any worse than the uber-bland Kiss My Ass

you got that right.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD?   Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 6:55 pm

Kiss my @$$ should've been so much better. I figure Gene assumed we'd be more impressed by obscure lame musicians. Kinda/sorta saying "....see who Kiss influenced"

ta-da

When I saw the cover artwork on the link posted. It made me think of MC666

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD?   Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 7:13 pm

James B. wrote:
Kiss my @$$ should've been so much better. I figure Gene assumed we'd be more impressed by obscure lame musicians. Kinda/sorta saying "....see who Kiss influenced"

ta-da

it made me think of King Diamonds family life...

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD?   Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:18 pm

James B. wrote:

ta-da

ople who absolutly loI always liked Kiss My A¤¤. It was done by people who absolutely love the band. You also got to consider the time when it was released, and how uncool it was to dig Kiss back then, and still they managed to add some top names.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD?   Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:42 pm

kmorg wrote:
James B. wrote:

ta-da

ople who absolutly loI always liked Kiss My A¤¤. It was done by people who absolutely love the band. You also got to consider the time when it was released, and how uncool it was to dig Kiss back then, and still they managed to add some top names.

Good point. Even if the end result was less-than-spectacular for the most part, they took a chance with artists that you didn't ordinarily associate with KISS' brand of good time rock n' roll at a time when grunge and alternative ruled the airwaves. And the artists gave the songs their own unique twist on soongs that were played to death.

Aside from a few cuts, I'm not much of a fan of the Kiss My A$$ album either, but I'd wager that it's more creative than the by-the-numbers covers on that Spin the Bottle tribute.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD?   Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:15 pm

I liked that Kiss My A$$ tribute.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD?   Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:05 am

I got it in france a while ago. Solid tribute.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD?   Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:16 am

exact33 wrote:
James B. wrote:

ta-da

it made me think of King Diamonds family life...

I was talking about the Kiss tribute cd in the original post, not KMA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD?   Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone familiar with this Kiss tribute CD?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: