Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks

Go down 
+11
Dave the Boss
Telmorn Altayon
DallasBlack
Gilbert
A Handful of Wayne
James B.
DeathCult
powermacho
nevermore
ultmetal
akeldama
15 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:17 pm

A great thing indeed. Especially Johnny The Fox which is my fave.

THIN LIZZY RE-RELEASE CLASSIC ALBUMS

11/9/2010

Thin Lizzy are to release deluxe, expanded versions of three classic albums on January 24.
The albums in question are:

Jailbreak

Johnny The Fox

Live And Dangerous

Each has been remixed and remastered by Lizzy guitarist Scott Gorham, together with Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliott. They’ll be double discs, containing the original album on one CD, a second CD with rare bonus tracks. Live And Dangerous will also have a DVD.

Here are the full details:

Jailbreak

Disc one

1.Jailbreak
2.Angel From The Coast
3.Running Back
4.Romeo And The Lonely Girl
5.Warriors
6.The Boys Are Back In Town
7.Fight Or Fall
8.Cowboy Song
9.Emerald

Disc Two

1.Jailbreak (Re-mixed Version)
2.The Boys Are Back In Town (Re-mixed Version)
3.Jailbreak (BBC Session 12/02/1976)
4.Emerald (BBC Session 12/02/1976)
5.Cowboy song (BBC Session 12/02/1976)
6.The Warrior (BBC Session 12/02/1976)
7.Fight Or Fall (Extended Version – Rough Mix)
8.Blues Boy (Unreleased Studio Track)
9.Derby Blues (Early Version – The Cowboy Song)

Johnny The Fox

Disc One

1.Johnny
2.Rocky
3.Borderline
4.Don’t Believe A Word
5.Fools Gold
6.Johnny The Fox Meets Jimmy The Weed
7.Old Flame
8.Massacre
9.Sweet Marie
10. Boogie-Woogie Dance

Disc Two

1.Don’t Believe A Word (Re-Mixed Version)
2.Borderline (Re-Mixed Version)
3.Johnny The Fox Meets Jimmy The Weed (Re-Mixed Version)
4.Don’t Believe A Word (BBC Sessions 11/10/1976)
5.Johnny The Fox Meets Jimmy The Weed (BBC Sessions 11/10/1976)
6.Fools Gold (BBC Sessions 11/10/1976)
7.Johnny (BBC Sessions 11/10/1976)
8.Fools Gold (Instrumental Run Through)
9.Johnny The Fox Meets Jimmy The Weed (Instrumental Run Through/Extended)
10. Rocky (Instrumental Run Through)
11. Massacre (Instrumental Take With Lynott Directions To Band)
12. Scott’s Tune (Unreleased Scott Gorham Composition)
13. Don’t Believe A Word (Studio Outake- Different Lyrics)

Live And Dangerous

Disc One

1.Jailbreak
2.Emerald
3.Southbound
4.Rosalie – Cowgirls Song
5.Dancing In The Moonlight (It’s Caught Me In A Spotlight)
6.Massacre
7.Still In Love With You
8.Johnny The Fox Meets Jimmy The Weed

Disc Two

1.Cowboy Song
2.The Boys Are Back In Town
3.Don’t Believe A Word
4.Warriors
5.Are You Ready
6.Suicide
7.Sha La La
8.Baby Drives Me Crazy
9.The Rocker
Bonus Tracks

1. Opium Trail (Wild One-L & D Outake)
2. Bad Reputation (Wild One-L & D Outake)

Disc Three DVD

1.Introduction/Rosalie
2.The Boys Are Back In Town
3.Emerald
4.Dancing In The Moonlight (It’s Caught Me In A Spotlight)
5.Massacre
6.Call On Me
7.Don’t Believe A Word
8.Are You Ready
9.Sha La La
10. Baby Drives Me Crazy
11. Finale/Me And The Boys
The band will be going on a massive UK tour early in 2011.

Find out more at http://www.thinlizzy.org/

Read more here.
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... ic-albums/
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Sweet! Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks 11840

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:41 pm

Awesome!!!! Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks 11840
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:32 pm

I just bought jhonny the fox as a mini lp japan remaster. O well, if I find the new deluxe version cheap I buy it
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:46 pm

Cool stuff! I hope they do one for Bad Reputation too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:59 pm

hope they do the whlole trip

this is a great start

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:17 pm

so is the original album remixed or just remastered? This would be cool but I have the Box Set which has a bunch of rare stuff. I wonder if theres anything off that thats on these.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:42 am

Cool, but do we need more rereleases?

I don't usually buy albums i already own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:29 am

There have never been decent US reissues of the Thin Lizzy albums, so these are not only needed but essential I would say.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:54 am

I only have Jailbreak and Black Rose so it wouldn't be a hard thing for me to get those.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Telmorn Altayon
Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
so is the original album remixed or just remastered? This would be cool but I have the Box Set which has a bunch of rare stuff. I wonder if theres anything off that thats on these.

Listen, either way this album is going to be good for showing on the wall in the midst of all your other CDs. How do any of the children ever feel respected? I mean, you have so many CDs that they just get sad looking at the one next to them. Do you go over to them once in a while and say hi? Or the only time you see them is when you get a new CD and youhave to move everyone over one spot? Mean mean man you are. Mean....

By the way... "the baby is yours." "It's okay, it's not some half bread, it's mine." javascript:emoticonp('lol!')
Back to top Go down
http://www.MakeARightLeftHere.com -- www.BBRProductions.com
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:33 am

I'm getting 'em! Unreleased and remixed Lizzy tracks are always good.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Telmorn Altayon wrote:

Listen, either way this album is going to be good for showing on the wall in the midst of all your other CDs. How do any of the children ever feel respected? I mean, you have so many CDs that they just get sad looking at the one next to them. Do you go over to them once in a while and say hi? Or the only time you see them is when you get a new CD and youhave to move everyone over one spot? Mean mean man you are. Mean....

By the way... "the baby is yours." "It's okay, it's not some half bread, it's mine." javascript:emoticonp('lol!')

Who are you?

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:58 pm

Telmorn Altayon wrote:

Who are you?

The only thing that bothers you about that statement is who he is? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Telmorn Altayon
Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Telmorn Altayon wrote:

Who are you?

You know who this is lol... It's the person that lives under your bed. Though could you move these playgirl books they are really getting in the way of my sleeping sessions. :^) And, why is it the only that does bother you is that you don't know who this is? I mean... don't you care if the kid is a boy or a girl, or that a guy is having your child? (jk:')
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:51 pm

boogie man? lol
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 12:54 am

I think I've heard like three Thin Lizzy songs in my entire life.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:53 am

Eyesore wrote:
I think I've heard like three Thin Lizzy songs in my entire life.

Well then you need to remedy that! Here's a crash course!

Bad Reputation

Emerald

Massacre

Sha-la-la (w/ drum solo)

Cold Sweat

The Sun Goes Down

Whiskey in a Jar

How could you be a Def Leppard fan and not have checked out one of Def Leppard's biggest influences?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 12:32 pm

I know, I know! And I know I'd dig them, too, which makes it even more baffling. Haha.
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Darnit, they go and finally do this after I've acquired those.

Well, actually I probably should go ahead and get Live and Dangerous again, because I lost the case to my old copy long ago, and it's kinda scuffed now.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:55 am

Eyesore if you see this album cheap pick it up, it contains all of their singles:

Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks DedicationThinLizzy
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 9:24 pm

'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 9:40 pm

that Johnny The Fox reissue looks really awesome. I love hearing the instrumental studio run throughs of the material, it's always interesting to hear the songs sans vocals.

That album is a real favorite of mine anyway, so I'll be picking that one up for sure.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:05 am

manny wrote:
Eyesore if you see this album cheap pick it up, it contains all of their singles:

Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks DedicationThinLizzy

And a killer "new" track in the form of Dedication!
Back to top Go down
Telmorn Altayon
Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:11 pm

Thin Lizzy is one of those bands you look at and think, "this is going to be a waste of time" then as you listen to it you realize "this is one great ride for my ears" They have that sound that just keeps calling you. good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks   Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thin Lizzy To Rerelease 3 Classis Albums With Bonus Tracks
Page 1 of 1