Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano

Go down 
+2
Dave the Boss
MetalGuy71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano Empty
PostSubject: The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano   The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:47 am

Quote :
THE DAMNED THINGS — the new band featuring members of FALL OUT BOY (Joe Trohman, Andy Hurley), ANTHRAX (Scott Ian, Rob Caggiano) and EVERY TIME I DIE (Keith Buckley, Josh Newton) — will release its debut album, "Ironiclast", in North America on December 14 (one day earlier internationally) via Island/Def Jam.

While each individual in the band has experienced their own successes, THE DAMNED THINGS' debut CD, which combines their love of classic rock anthems and powerful melodies with a heavy metal intensity, turns out to be much more than the sum of the separate parts.

http://www.myspace.com/thedamnedthings

Meh, not bad I guess. At least until he gets all screamy. Seems a little weird to me for "old timers" like Scott & Rob trying to appeal to a younger demographic, but you gotta pay the bills, right? Fall Out Boy? Eh, I think I'll just wait for the new Anthrax, thank you very much.

PostSubject: Re: The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano   The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:41 am

Concetrate on Anthrax dang it.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano   The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:42 am

Heard a couple of tunes a while ago. Sounded like standard modern radio rock. Pass.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9876

PostSubject: Re: The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano   The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:37 pm

I am hearing some songs on you tube right now.

Not very metal but the music is ok!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano   The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 12:25 pm

Anyone else ever listen to this album? After I read Scott's book where he talked about it, I decided to give it a shot. You can find copies dirt-cheap on-line. Anyway, I've been pleasantly surprised at how good it is. Very catchy song writing. Only a couple of the songs have screamy parts and they're mostly tolerable. Don't let the Fall Out Boy connection scare you away. It's not mopey, emo-music. It rocks.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano   The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 1:51 pm

Forgot about this. Doubt they will ever do another one since Rob is now in Volbeat.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano   The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 9:54 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Forgot about this. Doubt they will ever do another one since Rob is now in Volbeat.

Yea, I wouldn't hold my breath. I think it was one and done. Scott said in his book that it was a fun side-project, but since it went pretty much un-noticed, I don't expect them to do another. Too bad. I'm really digging it.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano   The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 10:28 am

Is it still cool to post music news here? Do I have to have a political agenda? Here goes...

Much to my surprise, they've completed another album, coming in April. Judging from the responses this thread originally received, I don't expect many to care. F*ck it. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Quote :
THE DAMNED THINGS will release a new album, "High Crimes", on April 26 via Nuclear Blast. The supergroup comprised of members of EVERY TIME I DIE, ANTHRAX and FALL OUT BOY recently confirmed the addition of ALKALINE TRIO bassist Dan Andriano to its ranks. He replaces Josh Newton (EVERY TIME I DIE), who hasn't been part of the band since it was reactivated three years ago. Also gone from THE DAMNED THINGS is guitarist Rob Caggiano (VOLBEAT, ANTHRAX).

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano   The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 10:47 am

If it's like the first one I'll pass. It's not bad but it leans too modern rock, (is that even a thing now?) for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano   The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 10:51 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
If it's like the first one I'll pass. It's not bad but it leans too modern rock, (is that even a thing now?) for my tastes.

There's no samples yet, but I can't imagine them straying too far from their original formula.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano   The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 12:15 pm

\'arry \'eadbanger

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano   The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 1:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Is it still cool to post music news here? Do I have to have a political agenda? Here goes...

Much to my surprise, they've completed another album, coming in April. Judging from the responses this thread originally received, I don't expect many to care. F*ck it. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Quote :
THE DAMNED THINGS will release a new album, "High Crimes", on April 26 via Nuclear Blast. The supergroup comprised of members of EVERY TIME I DIE, ANTHRAX and FALL OUT BOY recently confirmed the addition of ALKALINE TRIO bassist Dan Andriano to its ranks. He replaces Josh Newton (EVERY TIME I DIE), who hasn't been part of the band since it was reactivated three years ago. Also gone from THE DAMNED THINGS is guitarist Rob Caggiano (VOLBEAT, ANTHRAX).

Nice! I have their first album and enjoyed it quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano   The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 10:42 am

Holy buckets!! Someone else here actually likes them!! Sweet!!

PostSubject: Re: The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano   The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Damned Things feat. Scott Ian & Rob Caggiano
Page 1 of 1