Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halcyon Way-Building The Towers

Go down 
+5
bassman
325ad
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Olafsto
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Halcyon Way-Building The Towers Empty
PostSubject: Halcyon Way-Building The Towers   Halcyon Way-Building The Towers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Ok, i'm not a creative writer like many of you but I think some of you would like this album. I struggle to describe it, kind of a Communic or Nevermore sound, heavy but clean vocals. This album has a new singer who is more traditional sounding but the music is still great, sort of progressive at times but not like a DT. Probably in my top 5 this year.
Samples: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=halcyon+way&x=11&y=17
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way-Building The Towers   Halcyon Way-Building The Towers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:58 am

Anything with a Communic sound gets me interrested Very Happy
I like the sound of this, though i have been more into rougher/angrier singers lately.
Definitely something i will pick up in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way-Building The Towers   Halcyon Way-Building The Towers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:30 am

The music is good stuff.The vocals are a little too clean.If he had a little more charisma in his voice it would be great!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way-Building The Towers   Halcyon Way-Building The Towers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:18 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
The music is good stuff.The vocals are a little too clean.If he had a little more charisma in his voice it would be great!

I'd have to agree with Thrasher. I played a few tunes because the Nevermore/Communic tag got me interested. Talented bunch, but it's a little too clean and polished for me these days.

Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way-Building The Towers   Halcyon Way-Building The Towers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Great band. I have long been awaiting this! I hung out with them at Rocklahoma!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way-Building The Towers   Halcyon Way-Building The Towers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Finally, someone whose taste are as good as mine. lol!
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way-Building The Towers   Halcyon Way-Building The Towers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:35 pm

I'm going to have to order this, I can't find it anywhere around here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way-Building The Towers   Halcyon Way-Building The Towers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Yeah, it's an online only album.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way-Building The Towers   Halcyon Way-Building The Towers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:01 pm

I'll have to check it out.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way-Building The Towers   Halcyon Way-Building The Towers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:45 pm

You should, I really think if people listened to more then samples many would like this.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way-Building The Towers   Halcyon Way-Building The Towers Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 10:20 am

I would probably like it seeing as I liked A Manifesto for Domination, which was one of my many blind buys that turned out real well. I however, a'm going to have to cut down on new releases (hell even on used ones) until my finances can catch up with my spending so I might not get it anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
black halo
Metal novice
Metal novice
black halo

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way-Building The Towers   Halcyon Way-Building The Towers Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 6:11 pm

I got the new one last week and i love it!!!
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way-Building The Towers   Halcyon Way-Building The Towers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 5:49 pm

I was not sure if I enjoyed this new one or the last one more, but after repeated listens over the last few weeks, Building The Towers is the better of the two. Like the new vocalist a tad more than the last guy, and the band has come up with even more killer riffs and melodies this time out.
As far as it being an online only release, I know that the label has signed a distribution deal with RED, a division of Sony, and that future label releases are to be available at the chains and independents that do business with RED. Time I guess will tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halcyon Way-Building The Towers   Halcyon Way-Building The Towers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halcyon Way-Building The Towers
Page 1 of 1