Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zombie Fiction

Go down 
+3
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Zombie Fiction Empty
PostSubject: Zombie Fiction   Zombie Fiction Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:12 pm

I was at Borders yesterday and while trolling through the humor section I came accross several books involving Zombies. One called Pride And Prejudice And Zombies-Jane Austin's famous novel altered to include zombies, The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer And The Undead-Mark Twain's famous character fighting zombies, and two zombie survival guides. Struck me as quite funny and interesting, but with me having to watch my spending I didn't get any of them (it would be nice to find a library that would carry stuff like this).

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Zombie Fiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Fiction   Zombie Fiction Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:19 pm

One of my co-workers keeps promising to loan me her copy of "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" but hasn't coughed it up yet. Sounds hilarious.

The same guy who wrote "P&P&Z" has also written "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter"

This is just a teaser ad to pimp the book, but seriously. Tell me you wouldn't see this if they made a movie out of it Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Zombie Fiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Fiction   Zombie Fiction Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:27 pm

I've seen PP&Z before on Amazon. If I read as much as I used to I'd probably pick it up but these days I barely get through Sports Illustrated.

(Must be the deluge of bread and circuses that have dumbed me down and detroyed my critical thinking Zombie Fiction 778825 ).

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Zombie Fiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Fiction   Zombie Fiction Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:29 pm

BTW, you can read a couple pages of it on Amazon if you're curious about what it's like.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Zombie Fiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Fiction   Zombie Fiction Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:36 pm

I've seen these in the local Barnes & Noble. I seem to recall browsing an on-line review on a blog site too.

I picked up one at B&N just to page through it 'cause the cover was kinda neat, but it's not really my thing. I imagine they'd be quite entertaining if you like that sort of stuff though. Reminds me of that line of Marvel comic books that "zombie-fied" their classic characters.

Zombie Fiction Marvel-zombies-490

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Zombie Fiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Fiction   Zombie Fiction Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:41 am

If you like zombies and have read this comic book series:

Zombie Fiction TheWalkingDeadcomicbookimage2

Then, you(we) are in luck. Premiering on Halloween night on AMC is this: