Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MSG - In The Midst of Beauty

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

MSG - In The Midst of Beauty Empty
PostSubject: MSG - In The Midst of Beauty   MSG - In The Midst of Beauty Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:53 am

Anyone heard this album from 2008? It features 4/5 of the original MSG line-up and sounds like classic MSG imo.

Reviews on Amazon are fairly negative but also very contradictory. Several reviewers seem to be clamoring for the McCauley/Schenker Group sound, which was far more pop metal oriented than this. Others are saying that the album is too "bubblegum pop". Other complain about the production.

Frankly, I think the production works well for the classic MSG sound the band were obviously trying to achieve. "In the Midst of Beauty" is not bubblegum pop. It's straight up, simple, heavy rock and roll.

Last edited by ultmetal on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: MSG - In The Midst of Beauty   MSG - In The Midst of Beauty Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:54 am

No, i never listen to this album but i remember when it came out. Never gave it a change.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: MSG - In The Midst of Beauty   MSG - In The Midst of Beauty Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:43 am

At first, I did not like the production and the album in general. Then I put it down for a week or two... re-listened to it and got it.... I think it is a great album. You definitely get the feel of the first two Gary Barden MSG albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MSG - In The Midst of Beauty   MSG - In The Midst of Beauty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MSG - In The Midst of Beauty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: