Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome To My Nightmare 2

Go down 
+10
thejokeriv
ryanmetalman
DallasBlack
krokus
MEGATRON
manny
nevermore
Metal Misfit
exact33
JBall_Z
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Empty
PostSubject: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Wow! I didn't know that Michael Bruce, Neil Smith and Dennis Dunaway were recording with Alice for the new Bob Ezrin produced album. That's really cool! I'm excited.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/147475
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:02 pm

nice!!

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Nice but where is The Night Shift? impatient
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 7:39 pm

When is this coming out?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:09 pm

I am excited also I think Alice wrote a few songs with Dick Wagner, I am looking forward to the new Alice myself especially news that surviving members of the Alice band recorded a few tracks together
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:49 pm

This is awesome news, but I liked the old title better. The Night Shift > Welcome 2 My Nightmare
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 12:23 am

So is The Night Shift scrapped? It sounded like they were two totally different albums. I know Alice was working on it long before the old band and Ezrin came into the picture.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 6:22 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
So is The Night Shift scrapped? It sounded like they were two totally different albums. I know Alice was working on it long before the old band and Ezrin came into the picture.

Excellent question, I just assumed that the 'Night Shift' album he was working on morphed into 'Welcome to My Nightmare II' but I am not sure if that was really the case.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 6:23 am

Also DESMOND CHILD is involved in this proyect.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 6:25 am

krokus wrote:

That makes me somewhat unhappy since he worked with Alice on what IMO was his worst album 'Trash'
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 9:42 am

manny wrote:
krokus wrote:

That makes me somewhat unhappy since he worked with Alice on what IMO was his worst album 'Trash'

I like Trash but i agree its a little strange that he is working with this 70s line up. Still interesting i think.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 11:21 am

manny wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Excellent question, I just assumed that the 'Night Shift' album he was working on morphed into 'Welcome to My Nightmare II' but I am not sure if that was really the case.

I just think it would be kind of lame if The Night Shift "morphed" into a sequel to what most consider his best work. I would hate to think he's recycling ideas from something he JUST wrote and has brought in Ezrin and the original band to do touch ups and help rearrange some lyrics.

He talked about The Night Shift for so long, this all just seems weird to me that all he talks about now is Welcome 2. Who knows, maybe it's still basically the same concept just a different title but again, if you're bringing back Ezrin and original members, just wipe the slate clean and start completely fresh. Let it be something truly original and then revisit The Night Shift concept in 2 or 3 years.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 8:29 pm

I hope the new one isnt WTMN 2... I hate sequels....

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 9:04 pm

exact33 wrote:

I understand, sequals are very iffy.

Some that have been as good or better than the origionals:

Shadow Gallery-Room V
Avantasia-The Metal Opera II
Avantasia-Wicked Symphony/Angel Of Babylon
Helloween-Keeper Of The Seven Keys II

Ones that are pretty inferior (if not totally worse):

Queensryche-Empire II
Royal Hunt-Paradox II: Collision Course
Gamma Ray-Land Of The Free II (or so I'm told, I still need the origional)
Helloween-Keeper Of The Seven Keys: The Legacy
Iced Earth-Framing Armageddon
Iced Earth-The Crucible Of Man
Metallica-Re-Load (the origional ain't that great either)
King Diamond-Conspiracy
King Diamond-Abigail II

Of course these are my opinions and some here may disagree with me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 9:11 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Shadow Gallery-Room V

Queensryche-Empire II
King Diamond-Conspiracy
King Diamond-Abigail II

I think the problem is you inevitably compare them to the original release. I dont think Helloween Keeper Legacy is, outside of being too long, a bad album but naming it keepers just draws all kinds of comparisons.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 9:35 pm

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Shadow Gallery-Room V

Queensryche-Empire II
King Diamond-Conspiracy
King Diamond-Abigail II

I think the problem is you inevitably compare them to the original release. I dont think Helloween Keeper Legacy is, outside of being too long, a bad album but naming it keepers just draws all kinds of comparisons.

That's why seqauls are iffy, because you do end up comparing them to the origionals. The above albums mentioned are albums that I actually enjoy (except Re-Load and Operatin Mindcrime II), but comparing them to the origionals they come up short.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:13 am

Wait, wait. I thought that "Welcome to My Nightmare" was Alice Cooper--the solo artist. If he is recording with most of the original band members, then why the heck would it be "Welcome...2?" This doesn't make sense to me.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:45 am

ryanmetalman wrote:
Wait, wait. I thought that "Welcome to My Nightmare" was Alice Cooper--the solo artist. If he is recording with most of the original band members, then why the heck would it be "Welcome...2?" This doesn't make sense to me.

It was done as a solo artist but I think the original Alice band is only on a few tracks but again I am not sure who is going to be on it or not.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:09 am

manny wrote:
krokus wrote:

Uhhh..... Bob Ezrin eeds to hire that sniper that Gene Simmons claims was hired to keep Desmond Child (shoot to kill orders) from entering the studio during the recording of "Revenge"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 3:16 pm

manny wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

That was my understanding too. Work for the new album just morphed into this Nightmare sequel. I'm not sure how I feel about this news just yet. Alice the Solo Artist vs. Alice the Band aspect doesn't really bother me.

Pros:
Alice is back working with the old band & producer. Yay!!
Alice has been on a pretty good streak as of late (well, except for Along Came A Spider). His back-to-basics formula serves him well.

Cons:
Sequels rarely live up to or surpass the original. Most times they disappoint.
Desmond Child. 'nuff said.

Maybe I missed it, but do we know if the old band is playing on the whole album or just a few tracks?

EDIT:
Quote :
original band members Michael Bruce (guitar/keyboards), Dennis Dunaway (bass) and he have been in the studio and have already recorded "more than one track" for Alice's upcoming Bob Ezrin (PINK FLOYD, KISS) produced album.

So it's just a coupla tracks so far I guess.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:46 pm

All of the above comments are quite interesting (and all have their merits), BUT... as long as ALICE is doing a new album... I'm HAPPY!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:00 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Shadow Gallery-Room V

Queensryche-Empire II
King Diamond-Conspiracy
King Diamond-Abigail II

Queensrÿche made an Operation: Mindcrime II, not Empire II.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 2:42 pm

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Shadow Gallery-Room V

Queensryche-Empire II
King Diamond-Conspiracy
King Diamond-Abigail II

I agree (actually I like "The Legacy" quite a bit too). I think bands would be well advised to steer away from the dreaded concept album sequel. They capture attention and peak curiosity. They probably increase sales too, but they're generally disappointing due to the reason you stated.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:52 am

Here is a little bit of info on the album:

Not only did the platinum artist release his latest concert DVD, "The Theatre of Death," but he also kicked off another "Halloween Hootenanny" Tour with co-headliner Rob Zombie. And there was a bit of news from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which nominated the shock rocker for its class of 2011. A decade and a half after first being eligible, Cooper maintains his sense of humor when it comes to finally being considered Rock Hall-worthy.

"I always have made the joke [that] when I finally get in, I'm going to have Pete Rose accept for me just because of the fact he should be in some hall of fame," Cooper tells Billboard.com. "You know, there's a lot of bands that haven't been nominated -- Deep Purple, Cheap Trick. I was in an elite class and being nominated with Laura Nyro, my favorite female writer, and Neil Diamond and Tom Waits and Donovan. Those guys have been around as long as I have."

Cooper feels 2011 could be a big year with a special sequel in the works. It all started when he went to his legendary producer Bob Ezrin ("Billion Dollar Babies," "Welcome to My Nightmare," "School's Out" and "Love It to Death") to mix an audio CD of the 26-track "Theatre of Death," which comes with the purchase. This led to a few songwriting sessions for a new album, tentatively called "The Nightshift."

"We thought the story was good, but we started talking about 'Welcome to My Nightmare,' which I think is our biggest triumph," Cooper says. "He mentioned, 'What if Alice had another nightmare?' And we wrote three songs right there. He got really involved in it. Bob is even darker than I am."

So far the pair have come up with 13 songs, including the ballads "I Am Made of You" and "Something to Remember Me By." In addition, Cooper cut three new songs with original band mates Dennis Dunaway (bass), Neal Smith (drums) and Michael Bruce (guitar). "Welcome II My Nightmare" is scheduled for release next year on Bigger Picture records.

"When I listen to the first 'Nightmare,' I've got all kinds of things going on," Cooper says. "There's a lot of hard rock on it, but it'll go way off in a weird direction in one song and then way off in other direction for another song. So where 'Welcome To My Nightmare' left off, this one starts right up. When it comes out it'll have an entire new production around it, probably as big as the original 'Nightmare' show. It'll be a big moment in my career."
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:59 am

Really looking forward to some new Cooper!

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To My Nightmare 2   Welcome To My Nightmare 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome To My Nightmare 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next