Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hit and run victim "better off dead" ...

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
Rostov
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rostov
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rostov

Number of posts : 19

Hit and run victim "better off dead" ... Empty
PostSubject: Hit and run victim "better off dead" ...   Hit and run victim "better off dead" ... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:39 pm

A friend of mine passed this along today so I thought I'd share it with you folks here:

TampaBay.com: Hit-and-run victim was quiet and dependable, co-workers say

It's already stated in the article, but in this case, I think making a comment about someone being better off dead because they lead a simple life is rather deplorable.

The guy made a living, listened to his radio and enjoyed his couple of beers at night. Hell, what's so bad about that? There are days where my job is so stressful I borderline on panic attacks and/or wonder if I'm going to end up riddled with ulcers and have a nervous breakdown.

In that sense, now and then I feel like I'll mention the music I like and sort of get this 'down the nose' sort of "Oh, you still listen to THAT sort of music?" from folks: hey, maybe it's not the popular horsecrap that you're into, but if it keeps me sane, helps me keep my peace and enjoy life a bit: why look down on anyone?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Hit and run victim "better off dead" ...   Hit and run victim "better off dead" ... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:59 pm

Sad, but that's the Internet for you. People think it's funny to leave cruel and insensitive comments like that from behind the safety of a keyboard.

Then again, it may be just another symptom of people's increased insensitivity to others in general.

I'm sure you've all heard the story this week of a kid at Rutgers University who jumped off the George Washington Bridge after his roommate and one of his friends secretly recorded him having, ahem, "relations" with another man in his dorm room and posted the video on the internet. Needless to say this is big news, especially in this area (the kid was from Ridgewood, a town not far from here). They were talking to students at Rutgers about it on the news the other night and a girl said something to the effect of "Well, if he had been in a normal relationship with a woman, it wouldn't have happened." As if the entire tragedy was his own fault, and he had it coming.

Unbelievable...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Rostov
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rostov

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Hit and run victim "better off dead" ...   Hit and run victim "better off dead" ... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Freddy,

Yeah, I heard about that one. I mean things aren't... like they used to be. Hell I remember when I was a kid we took some *ahem* unflattering pictures and a so a few friends and all teased each other about it for a while. But Facebook? YouTube? Do people not understand the global, unstoppable power of that stuff? Maybe they do and don't care, but ... I think that while there's certainly some of the 'internet safety' -- people are more insensitive, more cruel to each other than I swear they used to be. :-/
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Hit and run victim "better off dead" ...   Hit and run victim "better off dead" ... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:15 pm

"Well, if he had been in a normal relationship with a woman, it wouldn't have happened."

Hahaha wow and they kept that on the news channel?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Hit and run victim "better off dead" ...   Hit and run victim "better off dead" ... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:18 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
"Well, if he had been in a normal relationship with a woman, it wouldn't have happened."

Well, that might not be quite an exact quote but the words "normal relationship" were in there.

She looked like a typical "Jersey Shore" spoiled rich brat too, so you gotta consider the source, I guess.

Sheesh. No wonder people hate New Jersey.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Hit and run victim "better off dead" ...   Hit and run victim "better off dead" ... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Sad article. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Hit and run victim "better off dead" ...   Hit and run victim "better off dead" ... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Well, that might not be quite an exact quote but the words "normal relationship" were in there.

She looked like a typical "Jersey Shore" spoiled rich brat too, so you gotta consider the source, I guess.

Sheesh. No wonder people hate New Jersey.

Ah I don't hate Jersey. Actually going there tomorrow to hit up Princeton Record Exchange and Vintage Vinyl with Powermacho and another friend of mine.

Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Hit and run victim "better off dead" ...   Hit and run victim "better off dead" ... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 7:44 pm

I'm very sorry for your loss, Rostov. Though me and you have had a few squables in the past, I read this article and it made me sick to my stomach. How could someone post such an awful thing about someone-because they're a dishwasher? That makes him somehow less of a person?!?! I give this guy ALOT of credit, he did a job few people like to do and did it well.He wasn't out there robbing people then blaming poverty or society for his perdicament. Why people judge other people based on their economic statusI'll never know. Has any one heard the saying "But for the grace of God go I"? I hope they catch the cowardly scum that hit him.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Hit and run victim "better off dead" ...   Hit and run victim "better off dead" ... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:48 pm

I heard about the kid fron new jersey. No matter what he is, he needs to be treaten as a human and have the respect as one. And about the comend for the dishwasher, I rather have his simple life than live under stress. Thats why i am contempt at my job, even if i am getting paid the minimum and less than
Previous job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hit and run victim "better off dead" ...   Hit and run victim "better off dead" ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hit and run victim "better off dead" ...
Page 1 of 1