Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How schizophrenic is your iPod?

Go down 
+20
nevermore
Red Kitty
Wargod
Hamer12
Louder
Eyesore
chewie
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Joe
Sutekh
manny
Schbopo
A Handful of Wayne
bassman
Shiney
tohostudios
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

How schizophrenic is your iPod? Empty
PostSubject: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:18 pm

My iPod ranges from Sarah McLachlan to Neurosis...from Mr. Big to Slayer...from Peter Gabriel to Opeth...

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 4:22 pm

about 90% or more of mine is punk, grind, death, thrash, doom, black, crust, & core. the remainder is just regular metal stuff.

not very eclectic.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 4:50 pm

The flash drive I have in the car is all over the place:

Less Than Jake to KMFDM,
Sonia Dada to Sentenced,
Gotthard to Rob Zombie,
Rancid to Last Vegas.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 4:58 pm

On the drive home from work today I heard....GEORGE JONES, RUSH, THE SMITHS, TALKING HEADS, CYNDI LAUPER, IRON MAIDEN, RIGOR MORTIS, TOM WAITS and FAITH NO MORE, SISTERS OF MERCY, ALICE COOPER, CRY OF LOVE, SOUL ASYLUM, SINEAD O'CONNOR, PSYCHOTICA, MIND OVER FOUR, ALICE IN CHAINS and pulled in the garage to GRANT LEE BUFFALO.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 5:30 pm

Very eclectic! I'm all over the place
Stevie Ray Vaughn to Mortification
Chick Corea's Elektrik Band to Sinbreed
Halo to Epica
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 5:47 pm

I figured most people here would be all over the genre map. This board's members listen to the most diverse styles of music of any boards I visit.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:44 pm

The Wallflowers to Slayer
Elvis Costello To Dimmu Borgir
Weezer to Destruction
Ben Folds To Believer

I'm pretty much all over the place. Toho is right I think everyone here listens to various stuff not just one specific genre.

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Enya to Hirax
Annihilator to Rex Carroll Band
Billy Joel to Megadeth
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Putting it on shuffle right now, listing first 10 songs that come up;

1) Motorhead-Shine
2) The Beatles-Revolution 9
3) Blue Cheer-Parchment Farm
4) Spirit-River Of Love
5) Klaatu-Little Neutrino
6) Slayer-War Ensemble
7) Primus-Tippi Toes
8. Chickenfoot-Oh yeah
9) BB King-Rock This House
10) Styx-Best Thing

Eh, that's actually not as diverse as I had hoped. Trust me, there's a bigger range.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:16 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I figured most people here would be all over the genre map. This board's members listen to the most diverse styles of music of any boards I visit.

I 100% agree what other metal board would list Cyndi Lauper and Slayer in the same sentence?
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:29 pm

Jimi Hendrix to John Coltrane, Megadeth to Bob Dylan, Crowded House to Opeth, Rodrigo y Gabriela to Infectious Grooves, Steeleye Span to Savatage.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:51 pm

From the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack to Too Short. Whole crapload of metal in between. That best describes my Creative Zen (Had to throw that in, I'm anti-Ipod Razz )

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:51 am

I don't do ipods. I like Zune and Sony Walkman and of course they are all over the genre map. Black, death, prog, power, thrash, doom, modern metal, Euro-power, melodic metal, goth rock, goth metal, symphonic, classic metal, AOR/melodic hard rock, 80s pop rock, oldies, folk, rap, country, orchestral music, ska, and punk.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:13 am

tohostudios wrote:

I also think that is why this board is so cool, throw any name of any artist of any genre and someone is bound to be a fan or aware of them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:36 am

Not very. Rock and Metal. Occasionally some Blues. That's about it.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:39 am

Someone at my office commented on that just yesterday. He walked in an I was listening to Phil Collins. He walked in a short time later and I was listening to Bonded by Blood. I commented back, "what better to follow up Phil Collins with than some raging thrash metal?"

This morning it's Extol, Adiastasia and AC/DC.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:47 am

Schbopo wrote:
Putting it on shuffle right now, listing first 10 songs that come up;

15) Klaatu-Little Neutrino

Eh, that's actually not as diverse as I had hoped. Trust me, there's a bigger range.

That's a pretty cool band. I've always liked Long Live Politzania and the Hope album in general.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:54 am

I have everything from Jazz, Fusion, African Funk, Thrash, Metal, Hard Rock, Rock, some Grunge, some 80s New Wave, Psych, various levels of Progressive Rock(many from different countries and in non-english languages), Pop, AOR, a little R&B, a little blue-eyed Soul.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:18 am

I remembered a few more genres I have: classical, comedy, southern rock, celtic, parody, and industrial. Oh, I also have a blues album. Glenn Kaiser Band-Winter Sun, I just don't listen to it much (not that big on blues).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Yet through all that, i'm a metalhead first.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:13 pm

I just had a ton of prog stuff on mine, which I've removed recently. So I'm slowly adding more as I go. But here are ten that come up by clicking next:

Skrape - No Respect
Gruntruck - Eyes of Stone
Systematic - Leaving Only Scars
Burning Saviours - Trees and Stone
Volbeat - Boa (JDM)
Pushmonkey - Falling Out
Rob Zombie - Girl on Fire
Project 86 - Slaves to Liberty
Shootyz Groove - Mad For It
Everlast - Angel

Lot of modern stuff in this batch. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Shuffle mode on my iPod might bring me Mortification to Flatt & Scruggs to Dean Martin to Scaterd Few to Deke Dickerson to Megadeth to Weird Al Yankovic to Decapitated to The Traveling Wilburys to Vengeance Rising to Elvis Presley to ... pretty much anything but Rap or R&B.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:27 pm

Lets see... Italian Opera, Abba, Irish Folk, got some Patsy Cline, Wille,Waylon & the boys, Stryper to Slayer, ICP, 2 Live Crew, Venom to Petra,. Yea mine has an identity crisis fo' sho'!!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:05 am

I'll get back to this I have 3 IPODS!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:56 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I don't do ipods. I like Zune and Sony Walkman and of course they are all over the genre map. Black, death, prog, power, thrash, doom, modern metal, Euro-power, melodic metal, goth rock, goth metal, symphonic, classic metal, AOR/melodic hard rock, 80s pop rock, oldies, folk, rap, country, orchestral music, ska, and punk.

I'm with you...I don't do iPods either. Love my Zune. In fact, just bought the HD-64 and it's awesome. Musically, I have everything from ABBA to Slayer on my Zune.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How schizophrenic is your iPod?   How schizophrenic is your iPod? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How schizophrenic is your iPod?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next