Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I love Pandora

Go down 
+7
SlaytanicPOWER
GrandNational
sheets
MetalRob331
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:51 am

I hooked up my phone to some PC speakers, plugged it in to the PC so I don't kill my battery, and have it connected to Wi-Fi so I don't eat up my MBs and am running my Pandora app.

I created a station via typing in "Armored Saint" and so far they've played nothing but kick ass stuff!

Armored Saint
Scorpions
Metal Church
Saxon
Savatage
W.A.S.P.
Halford
Judas Priest
Y&T

I think I'll let this play all day...

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:08 am

The hits just keep on coming:

Dio
Black Sabbath (w/ Dio)
Anthrax
Accept

Anyone else mess with Pandora?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:12 am

I was trying to come up with some half-assed joke about her box, but it's too early. I love Pandora Sleep

Sounds way too complicated for my simple mind. I'll just continue to pop cd's into the boom box.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:46 am

My playlist is better! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:11 am

Eyesore wrote:
My playlist is better! Haha.

Somehow I doubt that... I love Pandora Icon_biggrin

Since last post:

Iron Maiden
Bruce Dickinson
more Dio
old Metallica
Testament
Black Sabbath (w/ Ozzy)
Anthrax (live)
more Saxon, Scorpions, Priest...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:27 am

I don't know. I have about 200,000 songs on my external hard drive. It's a pretty killer mix.

Pandora is cool, though. =)
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:43 am

Eyesore wrote:
I don't know. I have about 200,000 songs on my external hard drive. It's a pretty killer mix.

Pandora is cool, though. =)

I love Pandora 19976 I love Pandora Lol

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:32 pm

Love Pandora and I have discovered numerous bands on there that I dont think I would have discovered elsewhere. The only bad thing is when the playlist starts to run out of material, and it pops on some rap song in the middle of Iced Earth and Nevermore. That's when I hope I have a skip left...
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:42 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Love Pandora and I have discovered numerous bands on there that I dont think I would have discovered elsewhere. The only bad thing is when the playlist starts to run out of material, and it pops on some rap song in the middle of Iced Earth and Nevermore. That's when I hope I have a skip left...

That's sort of what happened to me back when I was using it more frequently - seemed like no matter what band I put in, AC/DC would always turn out to be about half of what it served up. scratch Maybe their selection has improved a bit since then, though. I always liked the site because it was better designed and more stable than something like last.fm.

Edit: Bastards! I just tried to log in on the site and the computer services fascists at the office have firewalled it!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:59 pm

I love Pandora. Favorite stations are Testament, Black Sabbath, Bob Marley, Muddy Waters, and Dick Dale, depending on my mood. That just about covers it all for me.
Back to top Go down

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:11 pm

I can access Pandora from my blu ray player, I'll have to check it out, haven't messed around with it yet.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:07 pm

Pandora is great for passing the time, I would put that on my iphone and it would make 2 hours of work pass by a little easier.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:13 pm

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
Pandora is great for passing the time, I would put that on my iphone and it would make 2 hours of work pass by a little easier.

Exactly...its the only time I use it...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:42 pm

We use it every day at work, and somethines when I put metal, hardrock, prog rock it ends up changing into another genre that I didn't type. But other than that, it's great for work
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:48 pm

Pandora's great. I just don't use it much, I'm always playing CDs. I got a new phone last month and I was happy to see a Pandora app for it though. I've been meaning to bring some headphones and play it on my break at work

I think I get the most use out of it around the holidays. My ex-fiancee and I would turn it on my Christmas station while decorating and doing whatever holiday activities. Guess I won't be doing THAT this year...
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:57 am

I discovered Pandora through my Roku player. It's pretty cool. Have the app on my iPhone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:55 am

I started a King Crimson station and have so far heard them, Zappa, Camel, Pink Floyd, Rush & Gentle Giant

Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:09 pm

I loved pandora a few years ago when I first discovered it. Back then you could skip a lot more and there weren't annoying ads.

But I owe a lot of my musical taste to pandora; I spent a lot of time in school discovering new bands that way.

Here's some bands I love that I can think of that pandora led me to:

Yngwie Malmsteen (came from a Dio station, inspired me to pick up the guitar)
Cryptic Slaughter (Came from an SOD station, led me to Kreator)
Kreator (station led me to all the following)
Annihilator
Exciter
Exodus
Sodom

But... I haven't used pandora for at least a year. I only listen off of cds now.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 4:08 pm

So I started a station with Porcupine Tree and so far it's been awesome...only had to skip one song...

It's been playing:

Porcupine Tree
Steven Wilson
Blackfield
Opeth
Russian Circles
Benzos
A Perfect Circle
System Of A Down
Radiohead
Oceansize
Pink Floyd
Antoine Dufor
Ozric Tentacles

I skipped a Three Days Grace song...don't know how that ended up in the mix...

I love Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love Pandora   I love Pandora Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I love Pandora
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: