Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil

Go down 
+11
sheets
Troublezone
Gilbert
Joe
Alex Dee Rokket
ZetaReticuli
manny
mc666
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
exact33
15 posters
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Empty
PostSubject: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:34 pm

From Sleazeroxx:

Maxine Shen of NYPost.com reports: Sharon Osbourne is "saddened" by Vince Neil's nasty name-calling.

The "America's Got Talent" judge says she's "absolutely heartbroken" after learning that the Motley Crue singer called her the "most evil, s- - tiest woman I've ever met in my life" in his upcoming book -- especially since the Crue completed a stint on the Ozzfest tour two weeks ago.

"I am very, very saddened by it," Osbourne says about Neil's proclamation. "My husband [Ozzy Osbourne] called him and said, 'What's the problem?' and [Neil] kind of back-tracked."

Aside from running into Neil backstage at Ozzfest this past summer, Osbourne says she hasn't had a conversation with or seen Neil since 1984.

Suddenly getting called out in print is "a case of 'I need names in this book. I need to shock,' " she says. "It is sad when people do that. They want to sell you out.

"I think he is probably very jealous of Ozzy, but he dare not pick on him because the fans will turn on him, so he goes after me."

The event that's dredging up all this bad blood occurred back in 1984, when the Crue landed a spot on Ozzy's Bark at the Moon tour.

In his book, "Tattoos & Tequila" (out Sept. 23), Neil wrote about the tour and all the crazy things that Ozzy and the Crue would do between gigs. It was all fun and games, he recalled, until Sharon swooped in and killed everyone's buzz when Ozzy's antics got too out of control.

"We couldn't do this and we couldn't do that. There was a whole set of rules we had to follow," Neil griped, listing Osbourne's banning of groupies and imposition of a one beer case limit backstage as examples of those restrictions.

"She would f--king have you killed if it was to her advantage," he wrote.

Osbourne's response to that particular line of text?

"He's the murderer, not me," she says, referring to Neil's infamous 1984 DUI accident, which resulted in the death of Finnish glam band Hanoi Rocks' drummer, Nicholas "Razzle" Dingley, and a vehicular manslaughter charge. (In 1986, a judge sentenced Neil to 30 days in jail, five years probation, 200 hours of community service and $2.6 million in restitution to the crash victims.)

"He has murdered somebody in a car," Osbourne says. "He crippled two other people and he is still driving drunk. And that is why I used to keep my husband away from him. And if that makes me a bad person, then I am a bad person."

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:46 pm

Did either party say anything untrue?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:50 pm

As much as I dislike Sharon, I honestly think she's the only reason Ozzy is still alive. Her trying to prevent him from going "overboard" back in those days probably saved his life.

And she has a point about who's a murderer IMO.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:58 pm

if Vince hadn't bad mouthed her in his book, she wouldn't have bitten back like that. she was dead on in her assessment of him too.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:07 pm

I am not Sharon's biggest fan but the guy just got off tour with Ozzy!!!! If she is so evil why he do the tour?
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Vince is a piece of crap.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:55 pm

It's easy to hate both Sharon and Vince Neil but lets look at the facts here for a moment, why I think, at least, that Sharon was entitled to her response:

Vince Neil took the liberty of printing some rather defamatory comments in his book about her. Something which I feel was completely uncalled for. I get that he is recounting events of 25 years ago but I don't think it was right for him to personally attack Sharon in his book, calling her names and more so single her out as the cause for him not having the sort of fun he expected to have touring with Ozzy.

The incident also seems so trivial, does it really matter now that Sharon (or whoever) imposed those restrictions? Did not being able to have groupies or drink more than 1 beer on that tour more than 25 years ago hinder Motley Crue's and indeed Vince Neil's success that it had to be recounted so vividly and passionately?

Of course it makes Vince Neil now sound like a fool. I'd understand if something more significant happened, say Motley Crue's set being cut off short after 2 songs, or the band being pelted with eggs by audience members or equipment being damaged by someone from the Osbourne's camp.

For Vince to print something like this in his book now seems rather immature to say the least and downright pathetic. I don't think he is jealous of Ozzy as Sharon claims, rather it's that neither he nor Motley Crue have done anything worthwhile in over 2 decades. I may be alone on this one but the post-Dr Feelgood material may as well not even exist - it is a sad display of a band whose time has long come and gone. They had their moment of fame and success, now it's like kicking at a dead horse.

That is not to say Ozzy's career as of late is any better but I think we can tolerate a new Ozzy album better than a Motley Crue release.

Most importantly, and where I agree in essence with Sharon is that had it not been for Motley Crue touring with Ozzy back 25 years plus ago then perhaps fewer doors would have opened and fewer opportunities would have come about. There is no denying that touring with a big act like Ozzy adds some weight to a band's resume - at the very least it exposes that band to a new audience.

So this time I it's 1 Sharon , 0 Vince Neil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:57 pm

The first time I agree with Sharon in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 11:41 pm

You'd think with what Vince has gone through in his own life, most notably what Sharon mentioned and losing his daughter at a young age, he would have grown up a little.

What a pity.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 11:50 pm

He seemed to have somewhat found his way after he left Motley Crue. This was before reality shows and all the media attention that he started getting again.

Although he has not had a reality show like say Bret Michaels has with Rock of Love but over the last 10 years Motley Crue got a lot more media attention than they did in the 90s when their style of music was no longer popular.

Nowadays , everyone is on a nostalgia trip and I feel that as a result bands like Motley Crue are once more trendy giving the likes of Vince Neil the opportunity to behave like an ass again.

Just my 2 cents

I must apologise in advance if you do not agree with my views - look I love glam metal as much as any other genre of metal, I guess I had the opportunity at one point to listen to both glam and heavier styles of music unfiltered of pre-determined views about either styles. So what I say here isn't about me hating glam or Motley Crue's music because that is not the case at all. However, it is possible to separate the musician from the person behind the musician and in this case I feel that while Vince Neil the 80s frontman, as a musician was cool, I don't find him to be too exemplary in his private life off-stage.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 12:49 am

I don't care.

I just want good metal, not stupid rock star attitude.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:55 am

mc666 wrote:
if Vince hadn't bad mouthed her in his book, she wouldn't have bitten back like that. she was dead on in her assessment of him too.

Agreed.

I don't like Sharon but she was just defending herself from his allegations.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:23 am

Neil sounds as self-absorbed as ever.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:29 am

Neil's quote is from a book. Books use exaggerated, sensationalistic stories (especially autobiographies) to sell...he was just trying to sell books...doesn't make it right.

BUT - there had to be something TO exaggerate...they're both self-absorbed, egotistical, spoiled people who think they can do whatever they want.

I have to say though, she nailed him..."he's the one who's killed people and is still drunk driving...not me"...S-L-A-M! That HAD to shut his hole...

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:39 am

Rock star drama! Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil 288219

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:06 am

Quote :
"I think he is probably very jealous of Ozzy, but he dare not pick on him because the fans will turn on him, so he goes after me."

I thought that was a kinda weird quote. What's Vince got to be jealous of Ozzy about? Both are very successful, sell records and fill stadiums. Odd.

Quote :
...he was just trying to sell books...doesn't make it right.

Just like Sharon responding to allegations from 25 years ago to get some press and see her name in the headlines again.

Quote :
"a case of 'I need names in this book. I need to shock,' " she says. "It is sad when people do that.

Kinda like when you revelaed in your book that you slept with Randy Rhodes, right?

You said it Ult. Rock star drama. Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil 810647

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:20 am

ZetaReticuli wrote:
Vince is a piece of crap.

Most definitely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:26 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I have to say though, she nailed him..."he's the one who's killed people and is still drunk driving...not me"...S-L-A-M! That HAD to shut his hole...

Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil BURN
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:28 am

ultmetal wrote:
Rock star drama! Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil 288219

Yep!

Save the Drama for ya Mama!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
He seemed to have somewhat found his way after he left Motley Crue. This was before reality shows and all the media attention that he started getting again.

Although he has not had a reality show like say Bret Michaels has with Rock of Love but over the last 10 years Motley Crue got a lot more media attention than they did in the 90s when their style of music was no longer popular.

Nowadays , everyone is on a nostalgia trip and I feel that as a result bands like Motley Crue are once more trendy giving the likes of Vince Neil the opportunity to behave like an ass again.

Just my 2 cents

I must apologise in advance if you do not agree with my views - look I love glam metal as much as any other genre of metal, I guess I had the opportunity at one point to listen to both glam and heavier styles of music unfiltered of pre-determined views about either styles. So what I say here isn't about me hating glam or Motley Crue's music because that is not the case at all. However, it is possible to separate the musician from the person behind the musician and in this case I feel that while Vince Neil the 80s frontman, as a musician was cool, I don't find him to be too exemplary in his private life off-stage.

No need to apologize I find you have interesting viewpoints and think it is great you are on this board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil   Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sharon is at it again... on Vince Neil
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: