Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show

Go down 
+9
MEGATRON
Addy
Wargod
Metal Misfit
manny
Fat Freddy
Approval Guy
Smindas
iamrockerfun
13 posters
AuthorMessage
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Empty
PostSubject: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:49 pm

hi to everybody
have you heard something bout that ?
yes, as we know Axl is pure d**k p***k and som much more.
i'm plannig to visit his gig but i'm not sure what to expect.
if he did it again it's big waste of money.

for those who want to know more i recomeded this Irish news, jsut read it.

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Appetite-For-Disaster-Guns-N%27-Roses-Walk-Off-At-O2-Gig/49782.htm
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:57 pm

He's spent the last week being a complete baby. He was playing the Reading and Leeds festivals here in Britain last weekend, Reading on Friday and Leeds on Sunday. He came on about an hour and a half late, showing up about 10:30pm, at Reading despite repeated warnings that, due to UK sound laws, the show would have to end at 11:30pm. Then he throws a hissy fit about being cut off at 12am (which was a generous extension), claims he won't play Leeds and blames the management of the festival for screwing the fans over. They did play Leeds in the end, but I'm pretty sure they were late again. It wasn't as disastrous as Reading was though.

This Dublin concert from last night basically just shows what a disgrace Axl has become. Guns are my favourite band and Rose continues to drag the name through the mud. It must be depressing being the weakest link in your own sham of a band.

Also, for anyone curious as to how appalling Axl is live at the moment, this clip from Reading makes modern day Vince Neil sound like the greatest rock vocalist ever;

Admittedly, I will probably be seeing GN'R in October but only because I should be able to blag a free ticket. The backing band are pretty good (Bumblefoot is one of my all time favourite guitarists) and I really want to see Seb Bach opening, so it won't be a bad night. It's just a shame about Axl.

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 4:18 pm

Ahh what a gig, we had a blast, when for the experience and got it in bag fulls. What's to say ? Axl was ..... well Axl, late as usual but that is to be expected from him, I guess what pissed so many off was that they were let in at 6.30pm when the doors opened and then add in 4 hours of access to drink until GNR came on stage, you will get some pretty animated fans but in saying that I few "f-you's" and boo's are ok but I don't condone the throwing of liquid or objects at the stage as you can see demonstrated at 1.29, Axl had a right to be pissed at that behaviour.

Then the lights went on and people started to believe the show was over like most of us but with the bar still opened lots weren't moving as they wanted to drown their sorrows over the €80 ticket prices. So many left to head home, one poor bastard had to go as the car park he was in closed at midnight. I felt sorry for the woman that came out to say they were having tech difficulties as she got boo'd then, but they they came back and played a blinder for nearly 2 hours, Axl can still hit the high notes though some of the standard songs sounded a bit dodgy.

Ohh and support act "Danko Jones" played for so long I think they nearly ran out of material

If they were coming back next month I'd go again for more punishment & €5 a plastic cup beer.

More memorable than the Cannibal Corpse & Suffocation Gigs a couple of weeks ago, though Suffocation were the dog's bollocks that night too (liked or not they are legends).
Back to top Go down
Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Smindas wrote:
He's spent the last week being a complete baby. He was playing the Reading and Leeds festivals here in Britain last weekend, Reading on Friday and Leeds on Sunday. He came on about an hour and a half late, showing up about 10:30pm, at Reading despite repeated warnings that, due to UK sound laws, the show would have to end at 11:30pm. Then he throws a hissy fit about being cut off at 12am (which was a generous extension), claims he won't play Leeds and blames the management of the festival for screwing the fans over. They did play Leeds in the end, but I'm pretty sure they were late again. It wasn't as disastrous as Reading was though.

This Dublin concert from last night basically just shows what a disgrace Axl has become. Guns are my favourite band and Rose continues to drag the name through the mud. It must be depressing being the weakest link in your own sham of a band.

Also, for anyone curious as to how appalling Axl is live at the moment, this clip from Reading makes modern day Vince Neil sound like the greatest rock vocalist ever;

Admittedly, I will probably be seeing GN'R in October but only because I should be able to blag a free ticket. The backing band are pretty good (Bumblefoot is one of my all time favourite guitarists) and I really want to see Seb Bach opening, so it won't be a bad night. It's just a shame about Axl.

Well said.

Also, just to be clear, people were throwing PLASTIC CUPS on stage. The greatest danger to Axl is him getting his clothes wet. In the O2 they search you for water and beer before you go in so that they can charge 3 euro for a bottle of mineral water and 5 euro for a cup of beer inside.

There is a video going around of that 14 year old pop singer Justin Beeber getting hit in the head with a bottle and just laughing it off. Basically a 14 year old teen idol has more balls that Axl Rose.

He is a disgrace to the name Guns N Roses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 4:34 pm

GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Axel
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 4:49 pm

At least we know Axl isn't mellowing with age...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:01 pm

I remember years and years ago when Guns n Roses where going to play the local arena in my town ( a couple years before Chinesse Democracy) was released, I was afraid to buy a ticket thou I really wanted to go, but I never did which is a good thing they cancelled not only our show but the rest of the tour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:31 pm

I want to say so many things right now....
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:44 pm

GNR is definitely near the top of my list of bands that I want to see but I would honestly be pretty scared to go to one of their concerts. I would go accepting that he's going to go on late but be pretty worried over him walking off stage or coming on *too* late for a rowdy crowd. I don't want to get hurt or killed!

Honestly though, I can't blame Axl for not wanting drinks thrown at him and his band. Paul Stanley & Nikki Sixx have stopped shows for that before (I think they were able to pinpoint the guy each time and have him thrown out). It's totally disrespectful, and what, did these people spend $50-75+ just so they could throw a beer at some one? Stupid. It's a disappointing and frustrating situation, but how can you be mad at him for not wanting his band to be disrespected?
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Ah yes The Axel Rose Band.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Ive had 2 chances to see them live, to where ive had a ticket and couldnt go both times cuz of Work, the first time was during the arena tour with Metallica, and the 2nd time was years before Chinese Democracy came out

Some of ya'll sound surprised that Axl is doing this, Axl has turned into a joke which is sad cuz Guns was one of my favorite bands, definitly was in the top 3 when I was a teenager. I dont know what Primadona crap is going through Axl's head but if he got his head out of his ass I think he could rebuild some credibility at least IMO.

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 7:21 pm

BTW he sounds horrible live now and he's bloated
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:15 am

I actually don't blame Axl for stopping the show this time. Yes it sucks for the fans that came to have fun, but he did warn everybody that they would leave if anything else was thrown at them... Some wanker just happened to screw it for everyone. I do hope there are ticket refunds, if not, then shame on Axl and the rest of the band. That's poor class.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 8:52 am

Oh I agree Im just talking in general theres no excuse for being that late to get on stage unless its something you can't control.

I do stand by what i said though I do like their stuff incl. Chinese Democracy
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:32 am

Axl who? GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show 395375
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 1:02 pm

Ha, wanker!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:34 pm

They've been walking off the stage and stopping in the middle of shows even before their 2nd album was released. Its not shocking.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:50 am

I never liked this guy.

Pathetic Rock star attitude.

GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show 288219
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:51 pm

Gilbert wrote:

I never liked this guy.

Pathetic Rock star attitude.

GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show 288219

More like Typical Rock Star Primadona atttitude
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 1:05 pm

I think the baby from The Fockers said it best, "ash-hole".

PostSubject: Re: GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show   GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GnR aka Axl Rose stop the show
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: