Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Colossus

Go down 
+3
Wargod
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:33 am

Colossus COL_cover_750-400x400

http://www.myspace.com/thecolossuswillcrushyou

The six Mini-Colossoi are slaves to the power of the lord Poseidon, and must do his bidding. He commands us to rock unsuspecting American youth in your bars and houses, drinking your beer and crushing your skulls with thundering beats, baroque polyphony, galloping basses, and soaring vocals--all of which testify to the awesome power of mighty Poseidon.

HEAVY METAL!!!! Colossus 11840 Ya'll check it out and tell me what you think...
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 4:03 pm

From The Omega Order website:

Quote :
COLOSSUS - Drunk On Blood (EP)
We love the Tribunal Records description, because it's so true: "Colossus sound as if they were actually taking part in the original NWOBHM scene alongside Saxon, Diamond Head, Iron Maiden and Angel Witch in 1982, but cosmically slipped through a wormhole winding up in 2010." Five songs of pure and true heavy metal.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:01 am

25 views and no feedback? I figured NWOBHM fans would be all over this...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:57 am

Well, it does have have a very NWOBHM flair to it. I'll give you that. I like the Maiden-esque galloping of 'Wendigo'. Nothing that's blowing my tits off or nothing, but decent enough.

EDIT: Hmmmmm only $6 bucks and free shipping. This is sounding better and better. Colossus Icon_wink

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Well, it does have have a very NWOBHM flair to it. I'll give you that. I like the Maiden-esque galloping of 'Wendigo'. Nothing that's blowing my tits off or nothing, but decent enough.

EDIT: Hmmmmm only $6 bucks and free shipping. This is sounding better and better. Colossus Icon_wink

Dude, $6 and free shipping AND when you play the whole thing it will rock you! I honestly was like "Oh, OK..." when Matt at the label handed it to me, but after a couple of spins I was singing along and texting him saying "I WANNA BE IN COLOSSUS!!" Ha! Colossus 11840
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:23 pm

$6 where is tha?t I see it for $8.99 @ Sounds Of Purgatory!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:35 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
$6 where is tha?t I see it for $8.99 @ Sounds Of Purgatory!

Wargod51

Go right to the Tribunal website...

http://tribunalrecords.bigcartel.com/product/colossus-drunk-on-blood

$5.99 & free s/h

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 3:53 pm

Sounds decent enough, but nothing mindblowing. The vocals lack character imo.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:57 am

I'll give 'em a shot. Ordered this one this morning. And that Oracle band. Even though I hear the singer's a wanker. Colossus Icon_wink

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:24 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'll give 'em a shot. Ordered this one this morning. And that Oracle band. Even though I hear the singer's a wanker. Colossus Icon_wink

He is...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:32 pm

I'll order this soon.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:47 pm

nevermore wrote:
I'll order this soon.

Cool...I think you'll dig it!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:15 pm

My copy arrived today. That was quick. Just ordered it 2 days ago. Looking forward to giving it some airtime today.

I love the promo sticker on it too:

"New Wave of Old School Metal for fans of MAIDEN, PRIEST, LIZZY & TYGERS". That's some lofty expectations right there. Colossus 604261

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Personally I love it...hope you dig it!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:21 pm

I'm liking this allot. Very NWOBHM-vibe. 2 very very minor gripes

1. Too short. It's only 22 minutes long. I've taken longer dumps than that. Seems like it's over before it starts. I guess that's a good thing. Leave 'em wanting more, right?

2. I know this is petty and shouldn't effect my listening pleasure, but the band photo in the innner tray isn't doing them any favors. They all look like hipster douchebags. Yea, I know, "it's about the music, not what they're wearing". Yea, I've heard it a million times. However I grew up in the era of rock stars and heavy metal musicians looking like, well, heavy metal musicians. I've come to expect the long hair, jeans, leather, spikes and every other cliche you care to mention. It's what sets them apart from the hipsters updating their blogs on their laptops while sipping a triple-grande-no-dairy-frappe-mocca-taint-lick-crappacino at Starbucks.

Ah well. 2 minor complaints on an otherwise very cool cd. Or ep, I guess. I can pretend these guys look like extras from 'Mad Max' while they're pounding out the metal. Up the irons!! Colossus 604261

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:55 pm

Yeah, screw what they look like. Younger generation (than me) showing their love for Metal...I don't care if they're wearing bullet belts or not...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm liking this allot. Very NWOBHM-vibe. 2 very very minor gripes

1. Too short. It's only 22 minutes long. I've taken longer dumps than that. Seems like it's over before it starts. I guess that's a good thing. Leave 'em wanting more, right?

2. I know this is petty and shouldn't effect my listening pleasure, but the band photo in the innner tray isn't doing them any favors. They all look like hipster douchebags. Yea, I know, "it's about the music, not what they're wearing". Yea, I've heard it a million times. However I grew up in the era of rock stars and heavy metal musicians looking like, well, heavy metal musicians. I've come to expect the long hair, jeans, leather, spikes and every other cliche you care to mention. It's what sets them apart from the hipsters updating their blogs on their laptops while sipping a triple-grande-no-dairy-frappe-mocca-taint-lick-crappacino at Starbucks.

Ah well. 2 minor complaints on an otherwise very cool cd. Or ep, I guess. I can pretend these guys look like extras from 'Mad Max' while they're pounding out the metal. Up the irons!! Colossus 604261

So, I just picked this up (found it used for $3.95, score!), and it is really good. When I checked it out when Shawn first posted it, I wasn't too impressed. But, I couldn't resist that price, and I'm glad I picked it up. As for my gripes, MG71 pretty much nailed it above.

Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Colossus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossus   Colossus Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 8:47 pm

I thought you guys were talking about this guy:
Colossus Colossus-x-men-4409695-800-600
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71