Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Angra - Temple of Shadows

Go down 
+4
exact33
snooloui
Orion Crystal Ice
scottmitchell74
8 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Angra - Temple of Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Angra - Temple of Shadows   Angra - Temple of Shadows Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:54 pm

I rarely hear or read anyone talking about this album.

This has about 6 songs I can do without (mostly instrumentals or noodling type songs) but the 6-7 others that are simply strong powermetal? They are incredible tunes.

Anyone else with appreciation for this one?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Angra - Temple of Shadows   Angra - Temple of Shadows Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:57 pm

I'd think there must have been a lot of discussion when it came out. A lot of people rate it as their favorite Angra. It's very good, I may like 'Rebirth' just a little better. Don't really get the point of the storyline of this one, it seemed like dramatics for the sake of itself. They have a new one coming out soon also.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Angra - Temple of Shadows   Angra - Temple of Shadows Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:30 pm

I have it, I just haven't taken the time to listen to it properly. Maybe I should.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Angra - Temple of Shadows   Angra - Temple of Shadows Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I'd think there must have been a lot of discussion when it came out. A lot of people rate it as their favorite Angra. It's very good, I may like 'Rebirth' just a little better. Don't really get the point of the storyline of this one, it seemed like dramatics for the sake of itself. They have a new one coming out soon also.

I too think Rebirth is stonger than ToS. I didnt get ToS all that much.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Angra - Temple of Shadows   Angra - Temple of Shadows Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:43 am

As you can see on my website, I love this band. Temple of Shadows is just one of many highlights from this band!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Angra - Temple of Shadows   Angra - Temple of Shadows Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:13 am

I never really got into Temple of Shadows. I quite liked Rebirth, but really without Andre Matos, I lost a lot of my interest in Angra. I don't think they'll ever be able to top Holy Land. What an album!

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Angra - Temple of Shadows   Angra - Temple of Shadows Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:25 am

I never really cared much for Angra before Rebirth and even then I thought Rebirth was OK. Some good songs, others not so good.
But I thought that Temple Of Shadows was immense. Excellent musicianship. Excellent songs.
Spread Your Fire, Temple Of Hate, Winds Of Destination, and The Shadow Hunter are awesome power/progressive metal songs. There is not a bad song on the album IMO.
I do listen to this album regularly. Defo in my top 20 albums.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Angra - Temple of Shadows   Angra - Temple of Shadows Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:27 am

I use to love Angra, but I can't even remember the last time I pulled one of their CDs off the shelf. I'll have to re-visit them soon.

PostSubject: Re: Angra - Temple of Shadows   Angra - Temple of Shadows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angra - Temple of Shadows
Page 1 of 1