Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interesting Mike Tyson interview.

Go down 
+3
akeldama
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Mike Tyson interview.   Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:51 am

Looks like Mike has some big regrets.

http://www.details.com/culture-trends/news-and-politics/201008/interview-boxing-mike-tyson?currentPage=1
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Mike Tyson interview.   Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:54 am

Interesting. Check out the documentary 'Tyson'. He talks about alot of that stuff in the interview and much more. He has (or had) some major issues in his life.

You tend to forget just how young he was when he was champion. Having that much money and power at such a young age will screw you up in ways you can't believe.

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Mike Tyson interview.   Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:38 am

He needed a good manager to quide him through and instead he got robbed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Mike Tyson interview.   Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:55 am

TheNazgul wrote:
He needed a good manager to quide him through and instead he got robbed.

Yea, he pretty much admits it now that his original manager/trainer Cus D'Amato was the only one that truly cared about him. After he died, Mike got caught up in all the "yes-men" and hanger-ons that he surrounded himself with. His association with Don King was the beginning of the end.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Mike Tyson interview.   Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:01 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Interesting. Check out the documentary 'Tyson'. He talks about alot of that stuff in the interview and much more. He has (or had) some major issues in his life.

You tend to forget just how young he was when he was champion. Having that much money and power at such a young age will screw you up in ways you can't believe.

That documentary is very good indeed.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Mike Tyson interview.   Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:34 am

Now that i think of it... the Tommy Morrison character in Rocky 5 seems like a loose reference to a young Tyson getting used by Don King.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Mike Tyson interview.   Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:02 am

I've met Mike twice, once at a club in LA when my friend wanted to go shake hands with him and once on Sunset right outside a cigar shop smoking his cigar all alone. I always thought that was weird, just seeing him standing there all alone by the door and smoking a cigar as I walked by him. Strange character for sure.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Mike Tyson interview.   Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:16 am

GrandNational wrote:
I've met Mike twice, once at a club in LA when my friend wanted to go shake hands with him and once on Sunset right outside a cigar shop smoking his cigar all alone. I always thought that was weird, just seeing him standing there all alone by the door and smoking a cigar as I walked by him. Strange character for sure.

Strange indeed considering he was once a huge celebrity.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Mike Tyson interview.   Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:36 pm

Troublezone wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Exactly. I was telling my buddy this story as we were cruising on Sunset yesterday about Mike, and today I see this thread.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Mike Tyson interview.   Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:34 am

GrandNational wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

Exactly. I was telling my buddy this story as we were cruising on Sunset yesterday about Mike, and today I see this thread.

This is a bit off subject... but, this reminds me of the time i spotted Robert "freddy krueger" Englund chillin' on a corner in Laguna Beach off of PCH. I saw him but i had to do a double take! I later learned he does indeed live in Laguna so i know it was him. Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Mike Tyson interview.   Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Corey Haim is a good example poor bugger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Mike Tyson interview.   Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:59 pm

akeldama wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That documentary is very good indeed.

That was intense. Made me realize that Mike was the baddest badass of all-time. At least in the modern era of history. Scary dude - in and outta the ring.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Mike Tyson interview.   Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:12 pm

I still vividly remember sitting at a party laughing about Tyson fighting this Buster Douglas guy. And how shocking the outcome was. Until then Tyson was an indestructible wrecking machine. Used to love the way his fights to that point were these huge events that went 90 seconds. Sad how it all turned out. Yet not surprising either.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Mike Tyson interview.   Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:35 pm

I remember how we (poor students) used to pool our money for those pay-per-view events and then we would be really hacked off because it only went 90 seconds. But sure enough, next fight we would do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Mike Tyson interview.   Interesting Mike Tyson interview. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Mike Tyson interview.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: