Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Mentors any good?

Go down 
+21
Boris2008
mlotek
DeathCult
krokus
James B.
Eyesore
speed101
Mentors
Waylon
Troublezone
Schbopo
MetalGuy71
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Dave the Boss
Stender
mc666
troublemagnet
manny
Shiney
Fat Freddy
fingers
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:43 pm

HETEROSEXUALS HAVE THE RIGHT TO ROCK!

I love the Mentors. Welcome Mad Dog headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:23 am

Quote :
As far as a pro guitar Players dropping Sickie name? I play in another Pro Band that sold 1,000,000 records. I know pro players. Meet us at the name show in February in your home town of Anaheim CA and we will see what name dropping we can discover.

I'm not attacking you. But I will stand up for my band.

What's the name of your other band that sold a million records? I want to check it out...

I can't get into the NAMM show because they don't sell tickets. You have to work in the music industry or come as a guest. I've been wanting to go for years... especially since it's down the street from my house. My friend tried to hook me up with a ticket this year but it didn't work out.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:34 am

Mad Dog,

What do you think of SOD?

I could see Billy Milano being a fan of the Mentors. A lot of crossover thrash bands use humor in their lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:45 am

Quote :
The Mentors Now are a far different band musically then when Duce was alive and everything is in bad taste.

Actually, I think your Mantors band is a lot better sounding musically. Who's the guitar player?
Back to top Go down
Mentors
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 8:53 am

I Love S.O.D. and Billy, Scott, and the rest are all fans as we are big fans of them. The Mantors is Dave "Big Meat" on Bass from Adema, Scotty former Guitar from "Otep" Dr Heathen Scum "Guitar" and myself from "Mentors".
Back to top Go down
http://www.thementors.us
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:18 am

Mentors wrote:

Meet us at the name show in February in your home town of Anaheim CA and we will see what name dropping we can discover.

Never been to a name show before Laughing very hard Guess that one is in Feb. 2012 surprised

The NAMM show is in mid January, 2012

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:42 pm

Yes, Mid Jan. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thementors.us
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Mentors wrote:
Yes, Mid Jan. Sorry.

me too......sarcasm never flies to well online headbanger

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:27 am

The Mentors were not allowed into Canada in 1988... probably the millions of illegal people here think that was the right decision of the gov't...by the way, lovely how the Niagara Fals crossing is...make me wait for an hour back in 1993 when i could have been allowed immediately... i will guess it is worse now with thise jerks poking fingers in your ass .. i WILL NEVER leave Canada
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:26 pm

The Mentors any good? - Page 3 83628

There's a documentary about the Mentors in the works (!) called Kings Of Sleaze... the band posted a teaser on their Facebook today:

(Do I even have to tell you that the clip is NSFW??)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Quote :
the band posted a teaser on their Facebook today

Seems like they covered all the bases in those 10 minutes. Is there more to be said?

-started out punk, too hardcore for them
-got some noteriety from Springer/PMRC
-El Duce dies
-the band carries on with a new guy

Got it. Thanks.  Smile 

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Seems like they covered all the bases in those 10 minutes. Is there more to be said?

-El Duce dies

Got it. Thanks.  Smile 

Oh, I'm sure they've got hours 'n' hours of footage of El Duce falling down drunk, peeing on the audience and cavorting backstage with slutty women that they can use to pad things out. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:39 pm

We wouldn't want it any other way.  \'arry \'eadbanger 

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

-El Duce dies

Got it. Thanks.  Smile 

Oh, I'm sure they've got hours 'n' hours of footage of El Duce falling down drunk, peeing on the audience and cavorting backstage with slutty women that they can use to pad things out. Very Happy

You missed the part where they make internet critics eat eskimo dicks.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 9:21 am

Can't say I've ever heard Mentors song.

Can't say I'd ever want to. Their description sounds like something I wouldn't like.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 9:24 am

007 wrote:
Can't say I've ever heard Mentors song.

Can't say I'd ever want to. Their description sounds like something I wouldn't like.

+1.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 2:42 pm

Getting an EL DUCE solo album from ebay that I used to have years ago.
http://www.discogs.com/El-Duce-Slave-To-Thy-Master/release/2027706
It sounds like he is pretty liquored up when singing,and makes me laugh hard, compared to the Trash Bag EP, or Metal Blade-era albums that were much more rocking.

Went for the original version from label Ever Rat records, instead of an unknown company with a lot of bonus tracks.
I love bonus tracks, but that other version could be sourced from mp3's
The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Elduce_large
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 5:07 pm

I had that El Duce album years ago... Sounded like a cheap demo pressed to CD....couple of tracks made me laugh tho.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 2:43 pm

Zombie thread! Back from the dead! Grrrr.... braiiiiiins....

Whilst browsing around CDBaby earlier this week I found out that the Mentors released a new album in 2017 entitled "The Illuminaughty." Who knew? (shrugs)

The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Thementors

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/thementors

Tracks include "Just Like El Duce," "Things Go Better With Dope," and "Lovin' You Really Sucks."

Oh, and by the way, the CDBaby page for this album recommends it for fans of "Beatles, Rolling Stones, the Who." Laughing very hard

According to Blabbermouth the current lineup is Dr. Heathen Scum (bass/vox), Sickie Wifebeater (guitar), Cousin Fisher (guitar) and El Chapo (drums). So apparently that "Mad Dog" guy who sang on the last album (and who was posting in this very thread for a while back in the day) is no longer involved with the band. Oh well.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 1:17 pm

The Mentors documentary "Kings of Sleaze" (last mentioned in this thread in 2013!) is apparently finally complete and available to purchase on DVD.

More info:
www.MentorsRockumentary.com

www.Facebook.com/MentorsRockumentary

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 9:42 pm

No! sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 4:00 pm

According to the film's official Facebook page, "The Mentors: Kings of Sleaze" is now available for streaming on Amazon Prime. As El Duce himself might say, "YEASH."

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 10:20 am

So I watched "Mentors: Kings of Sleaze" on Amazon a few nights ago. As I expected, it was funny, gross, tasteless, and totally worth watching. I even learned some tidbits of Mentor trivia I wasn't aware of.

A few highlights:

Scott "Wino" Weinrich confirms that he did, indeed, fill in on bass for a few Mentors shows in place of the absent Steve "Dr. Heathen Scum" Broy, as mentioned very early in this thread. This occurred while the Mentors and St. Vitus were touring together, and Wino sez he made sure to be wear a completely different outfit (even different shoes!) onstage with each band, so no one would know it was him under the Mentor hood.

The Mentors had a female bass player (!) for a brief run of shows in the early '90s, whose nom-de-Mentors was "Scumb**ch." Surprisingly, she spoke very highly of El Duce and said he was very protective of her while they were on the road.

The Mentors' time with Metal Blade Records came to an end when El Duce and his "manager" came to a label meeting drunk as skunks and asked for a huge cash "advance" for the next Mentors album. When the label guy said "no," El whipped it out, peed all over the guy's desk and stormed out in a huff. Dr. Scum still seems a bit ticked off with "good ol' El" for that move.

El Duce has a sister, who looks like El with a blonde wig on. Not kidding Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 4:10 pm

WTF There's an official documentary on THE MENTORS?? I've gotta see this!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 11:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
They're good if you like sloppy music and toilet humor.

i.e. really horrible "music."

Still awful. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mentors any good?   The Mentors any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mentors any good?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next