Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Halford single - "THE MOWER"

Go down 
+20
JBall_Z
Approval Guy
MetalGuy71
Planchaaaa
iamrockerfun
kmorg
Ben Grimm
ultmetal
exact33
mez
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
Temple of Blood
ZetaReticuli
tohostudios
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
powermacho
Fat Freddy
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Unconfirmed rumors suggest that other tracks on HALFORD IV will be "The Chainsaw," "The Weed Whacker," and "The Garden Weasel" Laughing very hard

LOL!!

I wonder what his spring album will be titled?? 'An Ode to Bud'??

Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:47 pm

I really like this. It's a grower. Anyone know what it's about?

(don't answer if it's, you know, 'kinky')
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 9:20 pm

Not bad, but there does seem to be a little something missing. Like someone else mentioned, he's trying a little too hard to be "metal" and forsaking some melody or something. I understand that he wants it to be differnet than what he does in Priest though.

That being said, I'll still get anything new from the man. He never disappoints. Well, ok, there was the Two album, but I'll forget that ever happened.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 10:20 pm

You guys are too forgiving. Not one nu-metal comment! Ridiculous. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:01 am

Another new one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKBN6nzr8bA
IMO it's pretty good but a bit bland and repetitive.

Also it would have been more appropriate to call it "Supersonic Silver Flying Machine" That would have been awesome.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:47 am

He's making music solely for the suck-ups at his forum now.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:00 am

kmorg wrote:
Glad he's into the whole season thing. For Christmas it was carols, and now it's summer time.... BAM, a song about his favorite summer activity! I can't wait for Halloween this year!

New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_lol

Yeah, that's a song I can definitely relate to... over grown lawn, stand by for pain, I'm "The Mower".
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 4:48 pm

Sounds like a cross between Fight and the Crucible album...I like it...

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:10 pm

Hmmm, it's good but I wonder if it'll wear out quickly?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:32 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Hmmm, it's good but I wonder if it'll wear out quickly?

If the entire album is like this I think it could...but Halford does like to spread things out on his albums a bit so we'll see...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:58 pm

Video teaser for the second single off Halford's new album, "Made of Metal"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:08 pm

Now that I really like.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:57 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Now that I really like.

I haven't heard "The Mower", but the "Made Of Metal" track is really good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Just got a whole mess o' Halford info in my e-mail... he's gonna be doing a run of dates opening for Ozzy this fall. Neat-O.

Metal God Records and Rob Halford are pleased to confirm Halford North
American concert dates November and December with Ozzy Osbourne!

Twelve cities are currently available for sale with additional dates to be announced.

Ozzy Osbourne & Rob Halford 2010 North America Fall Tour:

Nov. 12 - Victoria, BC - Save On Foods Memorial Centre
Nov. 14 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
Nov. 16 - Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledome
Nov. 18 - Edmonton, MB - Rexall Place
Nov. 20 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
Nov. 23 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
Nov. 25 - Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place
Nov. 27 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
Dec. 01 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden Arena
Dec. 03 - E. Rutherford, NJ - Izod Center
Dec. 05 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
Dec. 12 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Center

Halford will also perform at Seattle’s Showbox on November 10th and Denver’s Ogden Theatre on December 15th. ?Tickets available September 17th and 18th for Halford’s Seattle and Denver Headline Performances at Ticketmaster.com.

Rob Halford will be touring in support of his new studio release Halford IV Made Of Metal featuring fourteen (14) new Halford studio recordings debuting world-wide September 27, Oct 8 (UK & EU), September 28th (North America) and October 13, 2010 (Japan).

Halford’s first live performances in more than seven years have included appearances this year in San Francisco, Montreal’s Heavy Metal Festival and
Ozzfest 2010.

Halford have confirmed Headline performances October 15, 2010 in Nagoya,
Japan and October 16, 2010 at Tokyo’s Loud Park Festival 10.

Halford have also confirmed South America Headline performances October 20
Lima, Peru; October 22 Santiago, Chile; October 24 Sao Paulo, Brazil; October 26 and October 27, 2010 Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Halford’s new NASCAR-themed, animated-music video 'Made Of Metal’ created by London-based Animator Dean Wright debuts September 13, 2010 at:
http://www.robhalford.com/madeofmetal

The single 'Made Of Metal' digital download is available at iTunes and www.HalfordMusic.com

Halford IV Made Of Metal
Track Listing:
1. Undisputed
2. Fire and Ice
3. Made Of Metal
4. Speed Of Sound
5. Like There's No Tomorrow
6. Till The Day I Die
7. We Own The Night
8. Heartless
9. Hell Razor
10. Thunder and Lightning
11. Twenty-Five Years
12. Matador
13. I Know We Stand A Chance
14. The Mower

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 12:54 am

October seems to be promising, with Helloween and Halford albums.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:44 am

This year I've gotten so many releases from legendary and favortie bands and it's not over yet. Apart from Circle II Circle, Flotsam And Jetsam, Helloween, Angra, Thunderstone, and Therion, I also have Halford to look forward to. Damn, what a year!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:20 am

Looks like there's far too many tracks on the album. I can see myself using the skip button a lot.
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:02 pm

I definitely hear the Fight similarities. Always enjoyed Fight anyhow and the song is pretty good in my opinion. The new Halford IV CD will be released Tuesday, Sept. 28.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Halford single - "THE MOWER"   New Halford single - "THE MOWER" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Halford single - "THE MOWER"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2