Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rick Renstrom

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Rick Renstrom Empty
PostSubject: Rick Renstrom   Rick Renstrom Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 6:05 am

Picked up his solo album a couple of years ago, and i think it is very good.
Espesially the tune with Wade Black is awesome. His work wih Rob Rock is also top class.
But up to this he could be just any guitar shredder around. What makes me bow my head in admiration is the fact that he can play like that with the arms he`s got. I can`t even hold a simple chord on the guitar, and he shreds like this with such a handicap. Amazing!!
I`m always impressed and moved by people who achieve their goals, and does great things, even if all odds are against them Rick Renstrom 26156

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Rick Renstrom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Renstrom   Rick Renstrom Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:45 am

A buddy of mine brought this guy to my attention awhile ago. I don't know if he has any albums, but he showed me some clips on YouTube. My buddy is a guitar player and he hates (kiddingly) this guy.

"I've got 2 fully functional hands and I can't play anywhere near this f**king guy".

Pretty amazing.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Rick Renstrom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Renstrom   Rick Renstrom Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:59 am

His solo album is indeed great.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

Rick Renstrom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Renstrom   Rick Renstrom Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:52 pm

My guitar player friends "hate" Rick Renstrom. Their argument is basicly the one stated above - "I have two hands but cannot touch this guy's playing. ARGHHH!". His solo album is a great slice of melodic metal.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

Rick Renstrom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Renstrom   Rick Renstrom Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:25 am

I picked up that album for a couple of dollars from the Omega Order a year or so ago. Good stuff... jhis work on Rob Rock's material is stellar, too (If you have the Live in Atlanta DVD, he's the guy ripping it up at the end of bonus track 'Forever')
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rick Renstrom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Renstrom   Rick Renstrom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rick Renstrom
Page 1 of 1