Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just back from the Big 4 theater thang

Go down 
+2
Olafsto
James B.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

Just back from the Big 4 theater thang Empty
PostSubject: Just back from the Big 4 theater thang   Just back from the Big 4 theater thang Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:27 am

First off all...it was well worth the 18 bucks. Just back from the Big 4 theater thang 11840

Anthrax did about 1/3 of "Heaven and Hell" in remembrence of RJD in the middle of "Indians". Other than that... average performance at best.

Megadeth was well....Megadeth. The vocals were hard to hear and Dave was "butt hurt" that it was pouring rain during their set. Good mix of tunes. I liked them alot.

Slayer was the show stealer of the night (IMHO) even the sloppy uninspired lead playing was easy to overlook by the agression and speed and intensity. "Angel of Death" and "Chemical Warfare" were brutal.

Metallica had a good sound overall anc came out swinging with "Creeping Death". Kirk played quite well and Lars seemed "goofy" At times it appeared he was playing a different song than the resat of the band. He struggled with alot of stuff and jumped out in front of the others way too much for my tastes.

The highlight was all the band smembers coming out and doing "Am I Evil"
James,Joey and Dave switching verses. Metallica ended with "Hit he Lights" and "seek and destroy". Just back from the Big 4 theater thang 11840

I was entertained, especially by the metalheads siting up in the back row with me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the Big 4 theater thang   Just back from the Big 4 theater thang Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:47 am

I would love to see this show, glad you enjoyed it James Just back from the Big 4 theater thang 11840
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the Big 4 theater thang   Just back from the Big 4 theater thang Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:55 am

Sounds cool. Unfortunately I had to refund my tickets because I couldn't make it to the show. Maybe they'll release it on dvd or something?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the Big 4 theater thang   Just back from the Big 4 theater thang Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:28 am

I wanted to see it (it was showing at a theater on my way home from work and I had nothing to do last night) but alas , I had no money. Maybe it will be released on dvd and I can catch it then.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the Big 4 theater thang   Just back from the Big 4 theater thang Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:36 am

I was sorta unintrested at the idea originally, but after seeing that 'Am I Evil' performance posted, I think I'd like to see this. Glad you liked it James.

I'd bet the farm that this will see a DVD release sometime in the future. They'd be foolish not too. I thought I spoted a few cameramen in the wings taping the performances. Besides, they aren't broadcasting these performances "live" into theaters. It's already being filmed for broadcast. Now it's just a matter of editing all the footage into a nice cd/dvd combo pack.

Getting all the bands to sign-off on it will be the biggest obstacle.

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the Big 4 theater thang   Just back from the Big 4 theater thang Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 11:08 am

Considering the current state of all those bands, I'm not surprised that Slayer stole the show. They're the only one of those bands that has rolled through mostly "unscathed" since the 80's.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the Big 4 theater thang   Just back from the Big 4 theater thang Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:02 pm

I wanted to see this lastnight but unfortunetly I had to go to a GWAR show darnit! haha. Thats a whole other post. Just back from the Big 4 theater thang Icon_biggrin

PostSubject: Re: Just back from the Big 4 theater thang   Just back from the Big 4 theater thang Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just back from the Big 4 theater thang
Page 1 of 1