Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it just me??

Go down 
+3
MetalGuy71
GrandNational
Troublezone
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Is it just me?? Empty
PostSubject: Is it just me??   Is it just me?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:33 am

Or is this some kind of response to being left out of the "Big Four" festival...

They have a bunch of undeserving garbage bands opening for the Big Four instead of Exodus and Overkill!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141972
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Is it just me?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me??   Is it just me?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:52 am

Could be money issues. Plus, it wouldn't be fair to Exodus or Overkill to open up for the "Big Four" as they are veterans and deserve to be headliners themselves.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Is it just me?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me??   Is it just me?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:50 am

GrandNational wrote:
Could be money issues. Plus, it wouldn't be fair to Exodus or Overkill to open up for the "Big Four" as they are veterans and deserve to be headliners themselves.

I could see that. Might seem a little insulting to Exodus and Overkill not to mention the awkwardness it might bring at the shows. And let's face it. This "Big Four" tour is all about Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth and Metallica. They wouldn't want to share the spotlight anymore then they already are.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Is it just me?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me??   Is it just me?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 11:13 am

I think is also partly a continuation of the Overkill / Exodus tour that happened here in Europe (not sure if it was stateside at all). Further announcements have shown that Thrash Domination will have Nevermore playing one day and Sanctuary the other - amazing!

Is it just me?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me??   Is it just me?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 11:21 am

I'd give my left nut to see Outrage.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Is it just me?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me??   Is it just me?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 11:47 am

OUTRAGE ARE OPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Is it just me?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me??   Is it just me?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:44 pm

Who are the bands that were opening for the Big 4?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Is it just me?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me??   Is it just me?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:58 pm

I think Bohemoth? or some band with a B

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Is it just me?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me??   Is it just me?? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:03 pm

If you look here...
http://www.sonispherefestivals.com/

...it looks like a rotating bunch of bands, depending on the show you attend. While I didn't check every venue, I didn't see much in the way of other thrash bands. Then again, I wouldn't call Alice In Chains or Stone Sour "undeserving garage bands".

It's mostly festivals, so there's gonna be a sh*t-ton of bands playing.

Is it just me?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me??   Is it just me?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it just me??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: