Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The original mix of "Peace Sells"...

Go down 
+4
Smindas
Required Fields
A Handful of Wayne
Jesusandmetal23
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Empty
PostSubject: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 6:06 pm

Owns! Stomps all over the crappy remaster.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:17 pm

I can go either way with this one. I like both. Not too much was changed on this one as much as the others. The remasterds are good up til he started changing things on Rust In Peace. I didn't mind the changes on So Far, So Good, So What. Youthanasia was my least favorite one of the series because the sound ended up being really flat compared to the original. I wasn't a big fan of that album when it came out either though. I keep telling myself that I really need to put the original versions of these albums back onto my Ipod with the exception of Killing Is My Business cause that one is flawless.

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:21 pm

Never heard the "remix" (which is actually what it is), I prefer remembering it the way it sounded on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:26 pm

Yea remix, remaster whaaaaaaaaaaaaatever haha. Vinyl.... Psshhhhh. Yea I'm sure it sounded great with all the Snap, Crackle and Pops in the background. I keep forgetting how old you are The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Lol The original mix of "Peace Sells"... 84826

If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:28 pm

Dude, VINYL RULES!!!! The snap crackle pop is one of the things that make it sound so great!.

Anyway, CD/MP3 isnt really music. its just digital codes, which are projected as music. Vinyl is the real thing, buddy. Imagine digital as a "picture" of the music, but analog is the music itself.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:36 pm

Say all you want CD's Rule MP3's and Vinyls drool

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:40 pm

I own the originals of the first four albums, with the exception of KIMB.

However, I do hope the originals of the early albums go back in print someday, the way they initially sounded.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:58 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

You know nothing! The original mix of "Peace Sells"... 84826

Seriously, though, get into vinyl one day. You may be pleasantly surprised
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:06 pm

This topic has cropped up on the board time and time again, but in general I prefer the remixes / remasters over the original. This is probably more due to me becoming familiar with those versions first though, but I am aware of the change and complaints are certainly valid. KIMB and Peace Sells were undeniably improved though.

Rust In Peace is the tricky one, I think. As Dave apparently lost the vocal tracks to several of the album's songs, I can understand why people get annoyed at the "remaster" boasting the use of different takes (and I think in one case, entirely new vocals). But at the same time, I think the production sounds much better - the drums especially sound much tighter and I think that works perfectly for an album like RIP. I think the only one of the Megadeth Remixed / Remastered series that really, really suffered was Dave's MD.45 record. The loss of Lee Ving's voice and harmonica make the entire thing sound like a very bad Megadeth record. It was Ving's melodic bark that really made that album something quite special.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:49 pm

The only album that benefited from the remix/remaster is SFSGSW. That album is great but sounded horrible.

The only thing i didn't care for was the changed intro for (In My Darkest Hour).
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:08 pm

I liked the original SFSG. The only FLAWLESS remaster was KIMB. Eviscerated the original.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:17 pm

I like them. I think 'Peace Sells' and definitely 'RIP' sound better, but do I ever hate the different vocal track here and there on 'RIP', that's a major shame. 'Cryptic Writings' has almost good production now, and 'Youthanasia' still sounds terrible, which fits the songwriting. The 'Risk' one took some getting used to though. I don't mind the bleeps on 'Killing' because the album sounds killer (see what I did there?), and it's more hilarious listening to that song with the beeps everywhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:05 pm

I don't mind the remasters except on RIP, changed it too much for my liking.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:22 pm

Never bothered with any of the Deth remasters cuz I had originals of all the albums already, and what little I did hear of the "new" versions didn't make me wanna rush out and replace 'em all.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:44 am

Judging by this topic, would it be safe to say I'm the only one here who rates Youthanasia highly? That and RIP are my favourite Megadeth releases. Youthanasia is slow, crushing and weirdly melodic. I thought it was one of Dave's best song-writing moments.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:41 am

The only one I ever bothered to purchase was Killing Is My Business... I'll take the rest of my originals over the remixes.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:52 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

You know nothing! The original mix of "Peace Sells"... 84826

Seriously, though, get into vinyl one day. You may be pleasantly surprised

Hahahaha I have. I have a few records they do nothing for me.

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:00 pm

Smindas, I love Youthanasia but i'm a Dave fanboy, I can find something to like in all his stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The original mix of "Peace Sells"...   The original mix of "Peace Sells"... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The original mix of "Peace Sells"...
Page 1 of 1