Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography

Go down 
+29
choosemetal
ZombieHavoc
SpectreFate
SwordsChains
sidmaximus
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
mlotek
Wurthless
Nico
DeathCult
ZetaReticuli
Gilbert
TheDoctor'sScarf
Joe
Jesusandmetal23
Zdan
Dave the Boss
chewie
sheets
metalken
kmorg
James B.
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:23 am

King's voice is kinda unique, I'm sure there are others here who can recommend bands with a similar musical vibe.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:35 am

sidmaximus wrote:
Can you suggest more similar bands? headbanger

I really like this guy's voice. Falsetto at its finest! Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 395375

Try some Portrait:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:45 pm

I think musically Portrait sounds similar to Mercyful Fate, but vocally not really. One band that comes to mind at the moment where the vocals are fairly similar is Crimson Glory. Those first 2 albums the S/T and Transcendence. Midnight could really hit some high screams at times that I think even rivaled Kings screams. Sadly we wont get any more stuff from Midnight but those first 2 CG albums are classic.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:51 pm

The difficulty, of course, is that no one sounds like King. Musically, Portrait is a dead ringer for MF. The first two Crimson Glory albums are superb and always worth listening to.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
sidmaximus
Metal novice
Metal novice
sidmaximus

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:18 pm

Those are really good stuffs. I'm exactly looking for old bands that can pull off beautiful high screams, falsetto or real.

I'll put Crimson Glory on my list. I saw lots of good reviews of their albums.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:29 pm

This is a little newer. King Diamond is a huge influence on CAGE. I think Sean Peck did a really awesome job at getting close to king on this song

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:35 pm

Warrel Dane can't really hit some of these notes anymore but on the first Sanctuary album you might find something to like

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:41 pm

This band gave it up a year or 2 ago. Check this one out.

Like Witchfinder said tho, no one else really sounds like king so its hard to find other vocalists.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:11 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
This band gave it up a year or 2 ago. Check this one out.

Like Witchfinder said tho, no one else really sounds like king so its hard to find other vocalists.

I second this recommendation, Harry Conklin is one of my favorite metal vocalists, even if he doesn't sound much like King.

You may also want to check out Fates Warning's first three albums, John Arch had (and still has) a very operatic vocal style. Just like with King Diamond, you may hate it or you may love it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:30 pm

If you like operatic vocals you might also want to check out Candlemass. Start with either Nightfall or Ancient Dreams.

Back to top Go down
sidmaximus
Metal novice
Metal novice
sidmaximus

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:16 pm

Wow, I can't describe the feeling when you first listen to a great band. There's a magic and I can feel it.
Back to top Go down
SwordsChains
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 93

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 5:50 pm

No one sounds like King, wait scratch that, anyone sounds like King is pretty much a direct copy of what he has and is doing. No matter how much people can sound like him now, you still know King's voice when you hear it, its that unique.

But if you want something in the vein of MF with strong King vocal likings and a badass band then you MUST check out Attic from Germany (it wont let me post the link because im new, but go to youtube and type in Attic - The Headless Horseman)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/swordsandchains
sidmaximus
Metal novice
Metal novice
sidmaximus

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 1:48 am

SwordsChains wrote:
No one sounds like King, wait scratch that, anyone sounds like King is pretty much a direct copy of what he has and is doing. No matter how much people can sound like him now, you still know King's voice when you hear it, its that unique.

But if you want something in the vein of MF with strong King vocal likings and a badass band then you MUST check out Attic from Germany (it wont let me post the link because im new, but go to youtube and type in Attic - The Headless Horseman)

Great! headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
SwordsChains
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:44 am

Also here is another band, Metal Grave from Chile. Released a single earlier this year with 2 tracks. Journey in the Unknown (A 13 minute epic) and on the bside a cover of Mercyful Fate's The Oath. I think the tape is sold out everywhere as it was limited to only 100 copies (good thing i got mine!) but their debut album is coming out in december (which ill be stocking). Here a piece from the 13 minute song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFoHfd8UdVk
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:49 am

spam
Back to top Go down
SwordsChains
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:50 am

SpectreFate wrote:
spam

Spam? Im not in this band you silly goose
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:32 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
spam

spam

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Anyone into Fate? Hank Shermann's melodic rock MF spin-off.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 1:16 pm

I spun The Graveyard for the first time ever earlier this week...I wasn't expecting much since I have seen people slight his later albums, but I really liked it.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Don't listen to those people. They have no idea what they are talking about. Of course theres something about those older albums that haven't been touched in years but his newer albums hold up just fine. The only one I wasn't too crazy about was House of God but even that one wasn't that bad, the overall performance on that album from everyone just sounded uninspired. Otherwise there are songs that I really like off that album.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Don't listen to those people. They have no idea what they are talking about. Of course theres something about those older albums that haven't been touched in years but his newer albums hold up just fine. The only one I wasn't too crazy about was House of God but even that one wasn't that bad, the overall performance on that album from everyone just sounded uninspired. Otherwise there are songs that I really like off that album.

I have to agree with Phoenix, sure some albums are better then others, but all King Diamond albums are good IMO
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Really great band!! Abigail is one of the best Metal releases. Never been quite a fan of MF'S lyrics but Melissa just kicks so much ass!! Also really cool thread!!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 3:04 am

Oh dear, I never had access to the Fate/Diamond material growing up. I'm paying for it. I can't take Don't Break The Oath off the record player!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 5:54 am

The guy in Attic gives it a really good go!

Dr8breed. I'm really sorry to hear of your deprived upbringing dude! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 7:18 pm

Wowza - that Portrait song is wild - so is Fates Warning - very good songs !!
I might have to check out buying one of their CDs -
I remember buying Dont Break The Oath LP - when it first came out - just because of it's cover - at the time I was totally shocked at the lyrics - I thought THAT was black metal for sure -
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography   Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mercyful Fate / King Diamond Discography
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next