Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Schenker can bite me!

Go down 
+11
YngwieDokkenfan
Olafsto
Shiney
stepcousin
kmorg
GrandNational
spiritoradio
mr.electric39
mc666
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

Michael Schenker can bite me! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:20 am

manny wrote:
That sucks, I am huge Michael Schenker fan, loved his work with UFO and his 80's output with his own band from 1980-1984. One of my favorite guitartist, he in the last few years according to Guitar World due to a divorce and other problems has lost his home, most of his money and even some of his precious flying V's.

According to that article he seems to be trying to put his life together. Here is a link to the article if anyone is interested:

[url=http://www.guitarworld.com/article/michael_schenker_brick_by_brick
http://www.guitarworld.com/article/michael_schenker_brick_by_brick[/quote[/url]]

Thanks for the excellent article, Manny! I never realized he was having such problems in recent years.

After reading this article, I feel more than ever like Michael Schenker must be a pretty good guy. It sucks the way he has cancelled the tours here in the U.S., but it sounds like he didn't have much choice. To think that he barely made any money on Heavy Hitters is just sickening. He gave each cover his own little twist, and his playing here is as awesome as ever.

How a guy like Michael Schenker can end up almost destitute while posers like Brett Michaels clean house financially acting like a*s wipes on moronic reality shows and drug addled inner city thugs make millions blabbing filth to a bass beat a 3 year old could play on the bass drum in the school band room makes one wonder just what this world is coming to.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:04 pm

Michael's web site used to have some of the e-mail dialog between him his managers, ex-wife and child. It was some pretty crazy stuff happening to him. He lost several of his guitars to a pawn shop, He had to leave the country to protect himself from a very spiteful wife through divorce and separation proceedings. She would use their child as a tool to hurt him and to make him feel guilty. He has had a rough time with substance abuse in his past (hope he has gotten through that). So I understand that he has major issues in his life but I just wish that they would be straightened out before committing to a tour that is going to be cancelled.

I do wish him the best and I do hope that he can continue to write and record quality music that is up to the level that we know he is capable of doing.

I have had the pleasure of getting to see him twice and when he is on there are few that can play like this guy. He will go down in history as a master.
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 12:38 am

No doubt, skullmasher! He is amazing when he is on. I have The Unforgiven World Tour from 1999 on double disks, and he is totally amazing and at his best here. Between the two CD's, there is over an hour of music. If anyone doubts that Michael has improved musically since his early M.S.G. albums, they only need to hear this amazing live album to hear what he can do when he is sober and totally into playing his guitar. This album starts with Armed and Ready, and never lets up!! Every tune has a little extra something that was lacking in the original studio albums, making for the ultimate live album!!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 12:51 am

skullsmasher wrote:
Michael's web site used to have some of the e-mail dialog between him his managers, ex-wife and child.

I remember reading that. It was both a guilty pleasure and sickening at the same time. Very personal.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 12:12 pm

. [/quote]

I remember reading that. It was both a guilty pleasure and sickening at the same time. Very personal.[/quote]

I felt the same way, I haven't been back to that site in a few years. It did explain why he was doing some of the things he was doing though.
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 2:09 am

Any of you guys have tickets to go see M.S.G.?? I've got tickets for Cleveland for the last Friday in June. Got 'em dirt cheap, and got 'em just recently, as I was waiting to see if he'd cancle or postpone the tour. He has moved the tour forward once already, as the original Cleveland show was supposed to be in April.

The tour should be excellent, as he is touring for his album that came out in 2008, "In the Midst of Beauty". This is an excellent album, like all of his albums, so it should be an awesome concert. Just hope he is "on", or, more appropriately, Armed...and....Readyyyy!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Schenker can bite me!   Michael Schenker can bite me! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Schenker can bite me!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2