Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Empty
PostSubject: Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.   Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:38 pm

Was watching this the other day and realized I don't really know of a lot of movies that chronicle what prison is really like other then the ones about gangs and busting out. Thought i'd turn this over to the movie ner............experts.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.   Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:57 pm

The first one that popped into my mind was 'Escape From Alcatraz' with Clint Eastwood. Don't know how "realistic" it was, but a good prison flick nonetheless.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.   Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:14 pm

Caged Heat

Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. 84826

Can't think of any off hand.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.   Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:59 pm

In the Name of the Father deals with the forced confession of an innocent man which lands him behind bars. To get into character, Daniel Day-Lewis spent some nights in a prison.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.   Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:11 pm

I recommend "Birdman of Alcatraz" with Burt Lancaster. It's a true story and quite nicely told. It's available from Netflix.

Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. 60004239
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.   Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 4:00 am

The Green Mile?

PostSubject: Re: Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.   Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 6:15 pm

Yeah, forgot about Green Mile though I didn't like it near as much as Shawshank. I'll try to check out Birdman, thanks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.   Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:34 am

Chekout 'Midnight Express". Based on a true story. American college kid gets busted before boarding a plane out of Turkey with a bunch of hash taped to him. Hilarity does not ensue.

If you've every heard a pop reference to Turkish prisons, it's from this movie. Also, the scene in the movie 'Cable Guy' where Jim Carey lifts his shirt up and presses his nipples against the prison glass is taken from this movie as well. Except it's the main character's hot girlfriend and her natural 1970's bosum.

PostSubject: Re: Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.   Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:43 am

Midnight Express is one of those movies you don't forget once you've seen it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.   Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:44 am

detuned wrote:

You got that right. It leaves an impression for sure.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.   Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
detuned wrote:

Pfft, I've seen it, and can't remember one scene from it! Laughing

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.   Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:45 pm

kmorg wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
detuned wrote:

Pfft, I've seen it, and can't remember one scene from it! Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Icon_lol

You're just blocking out the memories. No man forgets the threat of prison rape. Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. 706740

PostSubject: Re: Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.   Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:09 pm

I actually have seen that movie and forgot until now. I think I wanted to forget as I was pretty young at the time.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.   Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 12:44 pm

For a Stallone movie, I always enjoyed Lockup. Though, Donald Sutherland steals the movie as the warden that's out for revenge. Jon Amos is pretty good as the head prison guard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.   Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Other moveis like Shawshank Redemption.
Page 1 of 1