Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dennis Hopper dies at 74

Go down 
+6
Gilbert
kmorg
Wargod
Fat Freddy
Addy
manny
10 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Dennis Hopper dies at 74 Empty
PostSubject: Dennis Hopper dies at 74   Dennis Hopper dies at 74 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:42 pm

Dennis Hopper, whose pot-addled Billy in Easy Rider and psychopathic Frank Booth in Blue Velvet helped put the icon in iconoclastic, has died after a decade-long battle with prostate cancer. He was 74.

The legendary actor died about 9 a.m. Saturday surrounded by family in his Los Angeles home.

Taken ill with flu-like symptoms last September, Hopper later said he was suffering with prostate cancer. Family members told PEOPLE that the disease had spread to other organs in his system.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Hopper dies at 74   Dennis Hopper dies at 74 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:28 pm

I just posted this on Unsound mind lol
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Hopper dies at 74   Dennis Hopper dies at 74 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:30 pm

R.I.P. to a man who knew his beer.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Hopper dies at 74   Dennis Hopper dies at 74 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:54 pm

May he reast in peace beside RJD!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Hopper dies at 74   Dennis Hopper dies at 74 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 5:43 am

RIP

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Hopper dies at 74   Dennis Hopper dies at 74 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:53 pm

R.I.P Dennis Hopper dies at 74 11840
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Hopper dies at 74   Dennis Hopper dies at 74 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:56 pm

RIP, my first time knowing who Dennis Hopper was this commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU8gvF6WCIk
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Hopper dies at 74   Dennis Hopper dies at 74 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:51 pm

R.I.P. Dennis Hopper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Hopper dies at 74   Dennis Hopper dies at 74 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:20 am

Sad news. I loved him in 'Apocolypse Now'.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Hopper dies at 74   Dennis Hopper dies at 74 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 12:57 pm

As much as I respect Hopper's career, he will always be known to me as Shooter from the movie "Hoosiers". I grew up in Indiana as a teenager. I remember when they were having tryouts for the movie. When they were looking to fill the roles for the basketball team, the producers were looking for people who weren't on an organized team. I never understood that rationale, but obviously they felt that they could find kids out there with talent. Considering every kid in Indiana plays basketball, this probably wasn't too far fetched. I was a Freshman at the time, so I didn't have the option of even trying out, since they were looking for those who were 17/18 years of age.

My 7th grade social studies teacher Gene Haynes was actually one of the opposing coaches in the movie, so that was cool. Buddy, played by Brad Long went to one of the area high schools (Center Grove). Anyways, I love the peaks and valleys that Dennis Hopper's character went through in this movie. His role represented what an alcoholic faces on a daily basis. It shows how the highs of life can still bring a man down to his knees. I haven't been on here in a while, but I wanted to pay my respects to a great actor in that of Dennis Hopper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Hopper dies at 74   Dennis Hopper dies at 74 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dennis Hopper dies at 74
Page 1 of 1