Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Engine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Engine Empty
PostSubject: Engine   Engine Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:25 am

Any fans of this band here?

For those that may not know, this was a side-project by Ray Alder of Fates Warning. Many people criticized him because Engine took on a more modern rock, nu-metal style. And they did, for the most part. Even more so on the terribly produced Superholic. They debut, in my opinion is really good, worth picking up. You can probably skip Superholic. I've never heard the second album, Good End To Memory (honestly, I'm not even sure if this album was released by the same band because some places attribute it to this Engine, while others don't).

Anyway, there is one song that I've always felt was out of place on the debut. "Falling Star" is absolutely brilliant, and it would have been perfect on Fates' FWX, right alongside the epic "River Wide Ocean Deep." It's a song that simply hasn't gotten its due. And that sucks.

Brilliant! The song gives me goose bumps. Another great but wasted song from the debut is "Tree of Life."

Too bad there weren't more songs like those two. =(
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine   Engine Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:27 am

One of many bands I've heard about, but never checked out. I love Redemption though...

Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine   Engine Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:14 am

Both albums are great...2 of the first once I bought back when I started buying CDs again...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine   Engine Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 6:23 pm

I really like the S/T cd alot. Haven't spun it in awhile though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine   Engine Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:52 am

I have Superholic.

It's one of those discs that doesn't get much play from me at all and just when I think of ditching it, I listen to it one more time and I find something that catches my attention and I decide to hold onto it.

I'd say if you can find it cheap, it's worth a listen, but don't expect a Fates Warning type disc.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine   Engine Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:04 am

Wow, there is actually band called Engine. Gene Simmons recommended that his son, Nick, call his band Engine in an episode of Gene Simmons Family Jewels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine   Engine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Engine
Page 1 of 1