Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Action-Horror Movie?

Go down 
+10
Joe
Leatherface
Zdan
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
jstate
kmorg
muckie
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 12:04 am

I really enjoy the action-horror genre and wish there were more good anthologies in this genre. Anyone here have a particular favorite?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:51 am

Not sure what movies would apply in this category.... Predator maybe? Aliens?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:35 am

One of my recent favorites is Zombieland. First new movie in awhile that I've watched several times.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:11 am

Planet Terror
Dead Alive (Brain Dead)
Bad Taste

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:24 pm

No Evil-Dead?

But yeah, Predator and Aliens would count. And those creatures are VERY creepy!

Final Destination is considered 'action-horror' but I never bothered with that series.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:45 pm

muckie wrote:

Final Destination is considered 'action-horror' but I never bothered with that series.

The first "Final Destination" was actually a damn good movie. It was a very pleasant surprise cuz it came in on the ass end of the "teen horror" craze of the mid/late 90s (i.e. "Scream," "Urban Legend," etc.) so I wasn't expecting much from it, but it turned out to be a pretty nasty, creepy, disturbing little flick.

However, each sequel sticks so stubbornly to the "rules" set by the first movie that they feel like you're watching a re-run.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:12 pm

Aliens
Aliens
Aliens
Aliens
Aliens
Aliens
Aliens
Aliens
Aliens
Planet Terror
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Definitely Planet Terror.

That thing is the goriest movie I've ever seen and it's just plain fun. Forget being "scared"; this movie is all about depicting the goriest scenes possible. Plot? What plot? When a movie is this action packed and gore packed, who needs a freakin' plot?

To watch this movie you have to put your brain in neutral and just enjoy it for all the comic book violence it portrays.

Those with sensitive constitutions need not apply...

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:30 pm

My favourites:

Evil Dead (the first one)
The Wicker Man (the 1973 version - see this - amazing movie!)
Brain Dead
Children of the Corn
Cannibal Holocaust (watch this one if you want a gore-filled movie)
Cannibal Ferox
Day Of The Dead (people really overlook this one. For shame)
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:39 am

Aliens and Predator.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:44 pm

From Dusk til Dawn
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:46 pm

Joe wrote:
From Dusk til Dawn

Good call!

Two movies in one; one half is a "buddies on a crime spree" movie but then they hit the Mexican cantina and it changes to a killer vampire flick.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:

That thing is the goriest movie I've ever seen and it's just plain fun. Forget being "scared"; this movie is all about depicting the goriest scenes possible. Plot? What plot? When a movie is this action packed and gore packed, who needs a freakin' plot?

To watch this movie you have to put your brain in neutral and just enjoy it for all the comic book violence it portrays.

Even gorier than Dead Alive ? I need to see that movie !
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 10:09 pm

Quote :

It's gory, but I still think Dead Alive is gorier. I like that movie more, as well.

I dig what Quentin and Co. were going for, but I think it tried too hard to be "grind house".

Whatever Return of the Living Dead is considered...that movie still gives me the creeps. That's one creepy, scary movie.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:22 am

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I think Planet Terror is gorier than Dead Alive. In addition to a lot of blood, there's also a lot of other "nasty FX" going on. I'm not sure which movie I like better but for my money Planet Terror is gorier.

Also if you want to see another really gory zombie movie, check out Premutos: Lord Of The Living Dead. That one's right up there with the other two in the gore department.

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:41 am

If we are shooting for the gore factor I think Brain Dead, Cannibal Holocaust and especially Flower Of Flesh and Blood (don't watch this one. Really) are more gory than Planet Terror.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:46 am

Flower Of Flesh and Blood is one movie I haven't been able to bring myself to watch. The only Guinea Pig movies I've seen are Mermaid In A Manhole and He Never Dies (which is pretty funny BTW).

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:51 am

Mermaid In A Manhole is pretty tame by Guinea Pig standards and He Never Dies is a great gory comedy. Really funny movie - even the gore amplifies the over-the-top quality of this one.

And Flower Of Flesh And Blood is really something. Planet Terror is clownshoes compared to that one.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:53 pm

'He Never Dies' is great!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:11 pm

Clash of the titans

that scared the bejesus out of me

Im kidding heh
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Flower Of Flesh and Blood is one movie I haven't been able to bring myself to watch. The only Guinea Pig movies I've seen are Mermaid In A Manhole and He Never Dies (which is pretty funny BTW).

What on earth is a guinea pig movie ?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:52 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 5:37 am

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

The Guinea Pig series of movies is a extremely gory and stomach-churning series of japanese horror movies. Really really gory. Flower Of Flesh And Blood (second movie in this series) has been accused of depicting an actual killing on screen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:21 am

"Zombieland," "Shaun of the Dead" and "Eight Legged Freaks" are some good ones. But they're more like comedy-action-horror.

Favorite Action-Horror Movie? 506406
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:06 am

tohostudios wrote:
Flower Of Flesh and Blood is one movie I haven't been able to bring myself to watch.
one of the greatest & most surreal movies ever made. you should watch it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Action-Horror Movie?   Favorite Action-Horror Movie? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Action-Horror Movie?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next