Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

David Bowie: Discography

Go down 
+9
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
rattpoison
QuothTheRaven
chewie
A Handful of Wayne
Schbopo
manny
Addy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

David Bowie: Discography - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Bowie: Discography   David Bowie: Discography - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 5:00 pm

David Bowie: Discography - Page 9 Bowie39
Track Listing:
1) Blackstar (9:57)
2) Tis a Pity She Was a Whore (4:52)
3) Lazarus (6:22)
4) Sue (Or In A Season Of Crime) (4:40)
5) Girl Loves Me (4:51)
6) Dollar Days (4:44)
7) I Can't Give Everything Away (5:47)

Taken from my website rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Quote :

Blackstar is the follow up to the Next Day released on David Bowie's birthday, January 8th. However this album would also be his farewell as only 3 short days after it's release David Bowie, the Starman left this world after a 18 month battle with cancer. One source I read said it was Liver cancer. However he is gone and he left behind such a legacy and inspired so many people with his art. Blackstar was his parting gift to his fans though he had hoped he had a little more time as he had done demos on six songs for an album that was to follow this one. In my reading he had also been planning several anthologies to be released after his death. Just by the music and lyrical theme of this album you knew he was singing about his impending death, a man coming to terms with his own mortality. "Look at Me Im In Heaven" the opening line of the song Lazarus, or "Something Happened on the Day He Died" taken from the title track. At the beginning of recording this album his own band did not even know. Of course he told them before they started recording. He kept this very tight lipped. The album itself is spectacular and I'm not saying that because its a David Bowie album. Blackstar in musical style reminds me of Reality but mellower. More jazz elements in this album. It is also the first Bowie album to ever have a parental advisory sticker. Favorites on this album include Blackstar, Lazarus, Girl Loves Me I am sad that this is the last David Bowie album but I am thankful that I Live in a time where I could hear his genuis first hand. RIP Starman, your fans will keep your memory and legacy alive

Being a David Bowie fanboy his death really hit me and really curbed my passion for music. Between that and Weiland's death just a month prior. Ive been struggling with music all year some good days some not so much. I guess this is how alot of people felt when Dimebag died or John Lennon for that matter.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

David Bowie: Discography
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9