Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japanese Metal

Go down 
+19
Dave the Boss
jstate
troublemagnet
mc666
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
chewie
MetalRob331
Lurideath
manny
JBall_Z
ultmetal
krokus
Thrasher73
Hamer12
Orion Crystal Ice
SideShowDisaSter
Olafsto
muckie
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Japanese Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:39 am

How about Yellow Machinegun? I actually traded off that CD, as I am not a big punk fan, but I do still have their 7" vinyl single.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Any fans of Hellhounds "Metal Fire From Hell" CD?
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:00 pm

There's plenty of good Japanese metal out there. Magnesium and Sabbat are by far my favorites, although bands like early X (before they were called X Japan), Gorgon, Headlight, Metalucifer, G.I.S.M. and Church of Misery are really killer too. But it doesn't get any better than this:

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:19 pm

jstate wrote:
I've also come to really love Terror Squad.

Yeah, Terror Squad are pretty good. They were supposed to play live in my hometown a couple of years ago, but unfortunately they cancelled...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:02 pm

jstate wrote:
How can the thread go this long without a mention of Outrage. Not just one of my favorite Japanese bands, but one of my favorites period.

Second that!!! Even their newer stuff tends to avoid the trends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:07 pm

ultmetal wrote:
How about Yellow Machinegun? I actually traded off that CD, as I am not a big punk fan, but I do still have their 7" vinyl single.

That day changed my life [you traded Spot Remover to me]! Lifelong Japanese metal/rock freak, but had never dived in too far into the HC scene until then. Yellow Machinegun is definitely and exception to the "Chicks can't rock" rule!

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:54 pm

Jap thrash kicks major booty man. Japanese Metal - Page 2 11840

Casbahs demo ruled...I should jam more of their stuff today.

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:55 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

That day changed my life [you traded Spot Remover to me]! Lifelong Japanese metal/rock freak, but had never dived in too far into the HC scene until then. Yellow Machinegun is definitely and exception to the "Chicks can't rock" rule!

I want that now.....sh!t....hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:03 pm

Back in his heavy tape trading days (mid to late '80s), my brother had a pen pal in Japan who published a 'zine called "F.E.T.U."... I believe the initials stood for "Far East Thrashcore Union" or something like that... anyway, that guy used to send my brother comp tapes of all kinds of crazy Japanese thrash/hardcore/grind bands... I wish I could remember some names (I'll have to ask him).... the only ones that come to mind are "Brave Bomber" and "Deathpeed." Couldn't tell you what either band sounded like now cuz it's been years since I heard those tapes, but MAN, at that time "Deathpeed" was just about the funniest damn band name I'd ever heard. Japanese Metal - Page 2 201269

As for me... Loudness and E-Z-O were about as deep as I ever went into the Japanese scene...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:07 pm

I appreciate the positive response on this forum. Generally metal forums are comprised of some very rude and elitest people. I don't visit music forums for the most part unless it's to share some knowledge or sell something, though.

Now don't mistake me as being prejudice, but, I have to admit I never listened to western (mostly british and american) rock and metal as much as some thought I should, because it never appealed to me the way the japanese groups did because I always liked Japan's take on these things more. I will also admit that I don't neccesarily like all j-metal bands either. My favorites however are probably Loudness and Dead End, in that category.

I do listen to some western music, but its usually not metal, though I prefer 80s metal the most because its more melodic.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:11 am

I like King's Evil a lot.

The only other Japanese band I am familiar with is Melt Banana.

oh wait. I do have a CD by Cryptic Revelation called The Truth is Out there. I think they are like grind or death metal. Can't remember.

I also have a Ritual Carnage CD, but have yet to really listen to it closely.

I have a double CD by a band called Lip Cream. I think it's punk. Haven't listened to that either.

I have heard of other bands, but not really heard them. I think Sigh is the band I am most curious about.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:13 am

muckie wrote:
I appreciate the positive response on this forum. Generally metal forums are comprised of some very rude and elitest people. I don't visit music forums for the most part unless it's to share some knowledge or sell something, though.

Now don't mistake me as being prejudice, but, I have to admit I never listened to western (mostly british and american) rock and metal as much as some thought I should, because it never appealed to me the way the japanese groups did because I always liked Japan's take on these things more. I will also admit that I don't neccesarily like all j-metal bands either. My favorites however are probably Loudness and Dead End, in that category.

I do listen to some western music, but its usually not metal, though I prefer 80s metal the most because its more melodic.

Are you Asian?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:23 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Are you Asian?

Actually, no, it's just that I've been heavily engaged in japanese music since I was younger and more used to the general j-rock/j-pop sound. I've tried before to get into some western bands that alot of people like both contemporary and classic, but often times I lose interest quick or am repelled. Most non-japanese music I listen to is usually old pop music from the 80s/early 90s or classical music, but I've also dabbled in some foreign and exotic stuff like latin, afropop, etc.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:35 am

AchrisK wrote:
I like King's Evil a lot.

The only other Japanese band I am familiar with is Melt Banana.

oh wait. I do have a CD by Cryptic Revelation called The Truth is Out there. I think they are like grind or death metal. Can't remember.

I also have a Ritual Carnage CD, but have yet to really listen to it closely.

I have a double CD by a band called Lip Cream. I think it's punk. Haven't listened to that either.

I have heard of other bands, but not really heard them. I think Sigh is the band I am most curious about.

Whoa! No way I have never known anyone else that jams lip cream before. Check out that double disc bro, I like them alot and also G.I.S.M. They were like MDC where the acronym for the band changed like every album. Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:42 am

muckie wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Are you Asian?

Actually, no, it's just that I've been heavily engaged in japanese music since I was younger and more used to the general j-rock/j-pop sound. I've tried before to get into some western bands that alot of people like both contemporary and classic, but often times I lose interest quick or am repelled. Most non-japanese music I listen to is usually old pop music from the 80s/early 90s or classical music, but I've also dabbled in some foreign and exotic stuff like latin, afropop, etc.

Cool.

Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Here's an awesome Japanese band......a melodic blackened death metal project called Followbane.

It's only two guys, but it's still pretty awesome.

And of course, many of the other bands mentioned are cool to. Loudness rocks, of course. EZO is a great band as well. And Galneryus.....man, those guys can WAIL. Great speed/power metal, the quintissential Japanese power metal band. Their album covers are even done by a famous fantasy artist (Yoshitaka Amano).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal   Japanese Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese Metal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2