Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BEYOND FEAR!!!

Go down 
+4
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
mc666
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 9:14 pm

I'm sure it's been posted before, but I don't feel like looking for it. Who here has heard Beyond Fear and what do you think of it? I personally think it is an instant metal classic and one of the greatest matal releases of the past 10 years. A pure matal assault from beginning to end. ALL HAIL "THE RIPPER"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 9:15 pm

Oh yea, BEYOND FEAR was a great disc. "Scream Machine" sounds like a long lost Judas Priest song. That album smokes both of the discs Owens did with Priest IMO.
Back to top Go down

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 9:46 pm

would've been one of Priest's best if released under their name, and they might not have ley Robbie back in if Beyond Fear was released as a Priest album
Back to top Go down

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 9:50 pm

TheCumming Curse91 wrote:
I'm sure it's been posted before, but I don't feel like looking for it. Who here has heard Beyond Fear and what do you think of it? I personally think it is an instant metal classic and one of the greatest matal releases of the past 10 years. A pure matal assault from beginning to end. ALL HAIL "THE RIPPER"
It's actually not been posted before, as far as I can tell, but I think you should start to feel like looking for previously discussed subjects before posting things. It helps a forum. Not many people want to rewrite things they've written before, you know?

As for Beyond Fear, it's a killer album, but not a classic. If "Scream Machine" was the level of excellence brought throughout the album, I'd wholly agree with you. But as it stands, I think it's just a great album. "Scream Machine," however, is definitely one of the best metal songs I've heard in the past 10 years. That song is just ridiculously awesome.

By the way, welcome aboard! 🤘
Back to top Go down

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:01 pm

thanks, but i do feel that the album DOES bring the Scream Machine excellence throughout and therefore see it as a classic.
Back to top Go down

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:13 pm

I love this album and have since I got it....great stuff!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:15 pm

TheCumming Curse91 wrote:
would've been one of Priest's best if released under their name, and they might not have ley Robbie back in if Beyond Fear was released as a Priest album
i liked the Beyond Fear album, but the above quote is just plain silly.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:22 pm

LOVE Beyond Fear....don't think it's one of the best in 10 years, but it is very good...
Back to top Go down

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:54 pm

Me n SUC got to see them LIVE months before the album was released - AND THEY KILLED!!! We saw Queensryche the night before. Can ya beat Tate and Ripper back to back? Excellent experience.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 11:20 pm

I like the CD a lot. Great power/speed metal.

I don't think it would have worked as a Priest album. It doesn't sound much like Judas Priest.

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 1:40 am

ultmetal wrote:
I don't think it would have worked as a Priest album. It doesn't sound much like Judas Priest.
I agree. But I do think "Scream Machine" is very Priest-like. In fact, that song rivals "Painkiller."
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 9:19 am

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I agree. But I do think "Scream Machine" is very Priest-like. In fact, that song rivals "Painkiller."

My favorite song on the disc for sure. I have that song in my Ipod in a folder called "METAL". 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 10:38 am

Good album, not great. I do think it's a good start for Owens if he's gonna continue as a solo artist. Although I like him in Iced Earth, I get the feeling he's just a hired hand and Schaffer could hand him his walking papers at the drop of a hat. Looking over the roster of musicians Schaffer has worked with over the years, it's clear that Iced Earth is his band.

I hope that Owens continues on with Beyond Fear and it's not just a one-time deal. He's definately has the potential to make a classic metal album. He just needs time.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 2:38 pm

It's nowhere near as good as WINTERS BANE - "Heart of a Killer" IMHO.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 3:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

My favorite song on the disc for sure. I have that song in my Ipod in a folder called "METAL". 🤘

You actually need any other folder than that? Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 3:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

You actually need any other folder than that? Laughing very hard

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:45 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I like the CD a lot. Great power/speed metal.

I don't think anything Owens did do with Priest sounded a whole lot like Priest save for a couple tracks.
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 1:06 pm

unfortunately i didnt like it, lyrics are kinda childish and cliche'd. . . well, it could have been a priest album but. . . the bottom line is i kinda felt let down, however, i'm still looking forward to their sophomore effort if there's any.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BEYOND FEAR!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEYOND FEAR!!!   BEYOND FEAR!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BEYOND FEAR!!!
Page 1 of 1