Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War! Empty
PostSubject: Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War!   Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War! Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:46 pm

This comes from new power metalers Overmaster.

www.myspace.com/overmasterband you can hear songs there but some of their myspace page is missing.

An Italian band playing epic power metal? No, you must be kidding. That's like an Italian being in the construction business in New York City. It's pretty much a given. Overmaster's Madness of War is confidently melodic power metal. As much as I have warm place in my heart for this much maligned genre, my first question is, Can you do it right? The second is, Are you bringing anything new to the table? Or, as I listen, will I simply be tripping over Helloween, GammaRay, Blind Guardian and a host of other peers from past to present?
To the first, Overmaster delivers traditional and true power metal echoing and invoking the greats. The war stories on Madness of War gallop along with forceful precision. The arrangements are wrapped in an epic score with true metal vocals, from the smooth stone to gravel tones, of Gus Gabarro, enough keyboards for color, and simply brilliant guitar work from Pino Sicari. To the latter, Overlord and Spartan Warriors have some soaring fret pyrotechnics. Yes, Overmaster gets it done right.
To the second question, I will not venture to say there is something novel to Madness of War. Nevertheless, what Overmaster does bring to the table is massive energy and inspiration. Power metal bands are a dime a dozen, and most think all you need is double bass drums and a fast pace to get started. Overmaster puts the 'power' back into this heavy metal style by kicking it in the ass with balls out raw energy, sometimes doing it by adding old school thrash. Certainly, there is some derivative, yet very good, power metal on songs like Marble King and Prophet of War. However, Overlord, Jungle of Madness, Nameless Hero, and hugely melodic Revolution World show true inspiration.
If you're a connoisseur of power metal, or need some fresh attitude and inspiration in the genre, then you should jump on Overmaster's Madness of War. This traditional and true power metal with epic enthusiasm and boundless energy. Very recommended!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War!   Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War! Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 4:46 pm

I likee. Reminds me a little of Mystic Prophecy what with the aggressive vocals and all.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War!   Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War! Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 4:56 pm

I think they should have called themselves 'Maximum Overmaster' to even more effectively get the point across, but eh.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War!   Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War! Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Overmaster II: Beyond Overmaster
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War!   Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War! Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 5:05 pm

Master of Overmaster
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War!   Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War! Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 5:06 pm

GodEmperor Overmaster
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War!   Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War! Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 5:06 pm

I'll listen to it when I get home from work here soon.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War!   Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War! Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 5:08 pm

ULTIMATE OVERMASTER

or

FINAL OVERMASTER

or

XTREEEEEME OVERMASTER

hard to beat 'GodEmperor Overmaster', though. That's two top branches of office rolled into one followed by a huge exaggeration of power.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War!   Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War! Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:01 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Not bad, but feels very safe to me...put these dynamics in the song..tone has to sound this way....drums need to do this...etc....so it is coming across more like a bunch of metal aesthetic tossed together, and not as much...here's a hungry band with passion and great songwriting. Sometimes I almost, almost feel that way with the choruses, but not quite...not quite there yet. Eh.. Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War! Icon_neutral Potential is there, I'm just not feeling it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War!   Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wargod51's CD of the day, Overmaster - Madness Of War!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: