Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they?

Go down 
+4
Sutekh
jstate
Metal Misfit
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they? Empty
PostSubject: Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they?   Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:06 pm

Sometimes when I'm browsing online, I see some CDs noted as having a "mini-LP sleeve". What is this exactly?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39603

PostSubject: Re: Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they?   Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:43 pm

Unless I miss my guess, they are cds packaged in a replica of the original lp(shrunk down to the size of the cd). I have 2 Exodus cds packaged this way.I think they're kind of cheap though.If you don't like digipaks,you won't like these.They're just cardboard sleeves with the cd itself in a plastic sleeve.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they?   Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:19 am

I hate the Exodus ones since they are basically cardboard sleeves with the album art. Like 007 said, they are cheap and annoying. Along with being impossible to read.

There are others that have the actual gateway foldouts and are quite nice. Although in reality they are nothing more than glorified digipaks.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they?   Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:38 am

They seem to be common amongst Japanese reissues.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they?   Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:16 am

Sutekh wrote:
They seem to be common amongst Japanese reissues.

Yeah, I have a couple of mini LP Loudness reissues. They look really nice though.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they?   Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 pm

I was asking because I want King Kobra's first album from CD Universe and that's what they list them as. I figured it was a recreation of the original LP but didn't think it would be cardboard sleeving. Oh well, I'll still pick'em up.

Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they?   Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:32 pm

I hate them.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they?   Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:52 pm

I have that King Kobra. It's a cardboard sleeve with an inner jacket for the disc. The jacket has the lyrics but you'll need a magnifying glass to read them. The artwork on my sleeve has already started to scrape off. Wish I had put it in a slip cover. But a fantastic album well worth getting even with the lousy packaging.
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they?   Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:40 pm

Maiden did this about five or ten years back. I had two or three, but I spilled Coke on 'em and they got ruined. Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they? 447763 Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they? Icon_sad As Sutekh mentioned, a lot of Japanese reissues utilize this, but they go for exorbitant amounts of money (saw a couple of Tygers ones on ebay going for about 100 bucks a pop).

They're kind of neat, but I prefer the jewel cases, because they last a little longer, and they protect the CD a little better. Don't get me wrong, though, the original vinyl album artwork rules them all! Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they? 778825
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they?   Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:42 am

007 wrote:
Unless I miss my guess, they are cds packaged in a replica of the original lp(shrunk down to the size of the cd). I have 2 Exodus cds packaged this way.I think they're kind of cheap though.If you don't like digipaks,you won't like these.They're just cardboard sleeves with the cd itself in a plastic sleeve.

I've got these 2 as well. I find it amusing how they list the tracks as "Sides" 1 and 2. I've never tried turning the CD over Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they?   Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mini LP Sleeves -- What are they?
Page 1 of 1