Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kreator's Renewal

Go down 
+6
Leatherface
A Handful of Wayne
Lurideath
jstate
krokus
Gilbert
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

Kreator's Renewal Empty
PostSubject: Kreator's Renewal   Kreator's Renewal Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:11 pm

What's your opinion on this album? It's one of my favourite ever.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Kreator's Renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator's Renewal   Kreator's Renewal Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:24 pm

I didnt like it when it came out (i listen to RENEWAL video clip and later a friend recorded the album on tape for me). I will have to buy it to check it out again, maybe now i will like it. Didnt like the singers voice on this one, it sounded different then on older KREATOR albums.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

Kreator's Renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator's Renewal   Kreator's Renewal Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:27 pm

The guys were experimenting a new sound. That's what makes this album interesting.

I'm also happy it didn't last.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Kreator's Renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator's Renewal   Kreator's Renewal Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 6:28 pm

Not my favorite Kreator, but I still like it. Unlike most I was really into it when it first came out.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Kreator's Renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator's Renewal   Kreator's Renewal Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Didn't like it when it came out. I can tolerate it now but still not really into it.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Kreator's Renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator's Renewal   Kreator's Renewal Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:28 am

This and Terrible Certainity were the first ones I heard. A friend of mine made me a copy of it because I thought they sounded like Helloween because they were from Germany haha. I found out that wasn't true at all. I wasn't really crazy about them at first but it really started to grow on me and Renewal is one of my favorite Kreator albums. Its their weakest sounding album but the songs don't suffer from that. I wouldnt suggest this to someone as a first listen but I would recommend it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

Kreator's Renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator's Renewal   Kreator's Renewal Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:46 am

It's okay. Not the best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Kreator's Renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator's Renewal   Kreator's Renewal Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:25 am

I like it. Back when I first started getting back into secular music again in the mid-90's, I picked it up at Walmart in a discount bin for .99ยข. It sort of rekindled my interest in the band. It's an odd album for them. Very proggy. But still pretty heavy with lost of thrash influences. I think a lot of thrash bands were lost and disoriented in the mid-1990's, so it forced them to explore and experiment with their sound.

Kreator's Renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator's Renewal   Kreator's Renewal Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:13 am

Good album, but maybe their worst. It's really a toss up with "Endorama".

As for 90's Kreator....I actually prefer to listen to "Outcast" or "Cause For Conflict" than anything else in their catalogue. Both albums are superb, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Kreator's Renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator's Renewal   Kreator's Renewal Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 9:46 am

Its O.K.Out of the 90 albums I prefer Outcast.
Back to top Go down
HamburgerBoy
Metal novice
Metal novice
HamburgerBoy

Number of posts : 55

Kreator's Renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator's Renewal   Kreator's Renewal Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:28 pm

The vocals ruin it, but musically it's a very enjoyable groovy/faux-industrial metal album in the same way Sepultura's and Coroner's releases of that album were.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Kreator's Renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator's Renewal   Kreator's Renewal Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:18 am

Their worst... the vocals are extra bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kreator's Renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator's Renewal   Kreator's Renewal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kreator's Renewal
Page 1 of 1